Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound Floodlight restoration pictures!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbosound Floodlight restoration pictures!
    Posted: 14 July 2018 at 8:37pm
Hello everyone.In the past 4 weeks i had to restore for a client 2 turbosound TFL-760 speakers,so i thought to post some working pictures,i know you guys like those.I stripped them down to bare wood,F1 finish colour and the horns painted in white.
Measure twice...cut once.
DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 8:42pm
DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 9:03pm

DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 12:18pm
In the next week i have 2 more to restore,first 2 had all the original working driver in good worder,the second 2 are with random drivers,with no internal hole to put the wave guide on,and it is so difficult to find the drivers these days,is there a place to find the original recones for the 12 and 6.5 turbosound cones?
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 12:21pm
Very nice work! They look beautiful again Big smile

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Contour View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Contour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 12:41pm
sexy! 
sgarfa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgarfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 7:45am
bravo..bel lavoroClap
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 9:15am
Originally posted by DanielIt DanielIt wrote:

In the next week i have 2 more to restore,first 2 had all the original working driver in good worder,the second 2 are with random drivers,with no internal hole to put the wave guide on,and it is so difficult to find the drivers these days,is there a place to find the original recones for the 12 and 6.5 turbosound cones?

Try posting on the Facebook Turbosound pages on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1945383432352962/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/789783417757048/
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by DanielIt DanielIt wrote:

Have a look for sale. Some 12" drivers are for sale:

rubjel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubjel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2018 at 10:06am
Hi, 

very nice! 
How did you paint the horns and phase plugs, what sort of paint did you use?
I have just recently finished restoring two Floods myself :)

Regarding the drivers, you can get new drivers and recones from Music Group!

DanielIt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2018 at 10:22am
I painted with a paint gun 2 part paint,sanded them with fine grain,then 1 pass with filler,then 2 times paint.I am Italy based,where do i find the Music Group?
rubjel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubjel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2018 at 10:27am
Thanks, looks really good!

I got brand new original drivers (LS-1209 and LS-6503) from MG about 4-5 months ago;

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>