Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lapgruppen copies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lapgruppen copies
    Posted: 23 July 2018 at 9:53pm
Hi all thinking of buying a lab copy but can't fiend much about them any where and would be great if someone could shed some light on them looking at getting a lap copy fp 10000 4 but slightly worried about there reliability as I take it thay haven't been around that long and don't want to buy something that going to blow my drivers or blow up as thay are made in China thank in advance
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 12:37pm
i guess ist best to contact SoundGear for his saturnus amp series as they will come with warranty and a UK Support :)
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 10:04am
I have an FP10000 copy from Leicozic (fp10000Q 4 channel). 

While I'm very impressed with the sound I can't figure out what is wrong with mine and though the manufacturer is happy to send out replacement parts they won't pay for it to be serviced. 

I've always used it on a 7k diesel generator at free parties and it will go through periods of muting all channels for a split second and the only way to stop it is to leave it really quiet for an hour or so then give it the beans again.

I did use it this weekend at about half power for a solid 9 hours and it seemed absolutely fine, didnt even get warm.

My friends have the 14k and they also absolutely sing (all ordered from Aliexpress). Be careful about in import tax as thats quite an extra cost. 

Overall I'm really happy with mine at the price tbh! Could buy 2 new ones for the price of some amps if one breaks!
Natedub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 5:53pm
I have used two fp14000 from xinbaosheng on aliexpress for two years. They come with 3 year warranty. I had to claim on this once when I first recieved it but I think that was user error (short circuit in speaker cable) Probably the same short that killed the previous amp (mc2) LOL They sent repair parts and covered repair costs from a london based repair agent. Other than initial problems they have been faultless and certainly provide a lot of grunt for the money. When the warranty expires I will probably sell them on and replace with new. Far superior to the likes of the proline etc. I know I will be criticised for using them but I cant afford the real deal for a hobby.
Fracture_clinic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fracture_clinic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Natedub Natedub wrote:

I have used two fp14000 from xinbaosheng on aliexpress for two years. They come with 3 year warranty. I had to claim on this once when I first recieved it but I think that was user error (short circuit in speaker cable) Probably the same short that killed the previous amp (mc2) LOL They sent repair parts and covered repair costs from a london based repair agent. Other than initial problems they have been faultless and certainly provide a lot of grunt for the money. When the warranty expires I will probably sell them on and replace with new. Far superior to the likes of the proline etc. I know I will be criticised for using them but I cant afford the real deal for a hobby.

I'm looking into getting either the 9000 or the 14000 from these guys.

Got any advice on the process? import fees or anything would be appreciated.

thanks!
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 4:51pm
They can change the invoice so you avoid import fee's. I just ordered a DS-6Q (4x700w@8r) from xinbaosheng. Should be here in a day or two! 

Having spoke to a few of the manufacturers and also users, the main problem is the quality control check on these as they leave the factory. Sounds like the tolerances in components is quite high because of this... 

Despite this, every one i've used sounds beautiful. I did an a/b with a pile of matrix, mc2, void, blue aran q9 and others and this came out on top for sound quality and power. Sounded awesome! 

Edited by smoore - 08 January 2019 at 10:02pm
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 5:17pm
There is long negative, history/feedback on Lab copies.

2-3x Years ago, they were very prominent on London scene, and most quickly proven to not withstand heavy use, many DOA. on arrival.

Fact of the matter is, some are made better than others.

There are many, many Chinese distributors, and probably 2-3x manufacturers.

If you deal direct with Manufacturers, you can specify:

• Higher quality O/P devices,
  • Better Specified PSU Sections/components
  • Authentic Neutrik connectors,
  • Shielded transformers,
  • Extended Heavy Duty Heatsinks
  • 16A IEC Power Inlets

However, the fact of the matter is, weakness inherited from authentic Lab G FP series amps, these amps are weak on sub heavy material, due to lack of output devices per channel.

The specs on official Lab G FP Series, and hence these copies, are all burst at 1KHZ, which means expect output power, to be well down on specs, below 100hz.

Edited by levyte357- - 08 January 2019 at 12:21pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 5:40pm
Just thought id point out making a false customs declaration is an offence and for higher value items you could well get fined, I had some samples seized by customs for a false customs declaration, i didnt ask the Chinese to do it, they just landed me in trouble, these factorys are best avoided (i dont deal with them anymore)  

They are clamping down on it these days.  It is your responsibility as a European resident to make sure the customs declaration is correct,  it is not the Chinese dealers responsibility as they are not subject to European law, it is 100% down to you the consignee.

James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 1:36am
I have a dozen of them. The 4 channel ones- 6000, 10,000 & 20,000's.
I had several go down where they just wouldn't power on anymore. However I did manage to get them fixed locally so I wasn't too fussed- 30 mins labor, minor soldering etc. 120 volts here, I swear these amps prefer 240 volts. I trip 30 amp breakers with the 10,000's and have had to put the 20,000's on 40 amp breakers. I don't doubt that they don't put out what they say, but for the price.....I mean the 10,000 is $100 more than the 6000. Wink
I will admit that they are extremely helpful when it comes to trying to get them repaired. I have schematics and even detailed instructions on what to look for depending on its symptoms. You can even just order the whole channel. Which I think is the route I will go. I have about 4 amps with a channel down. In the middle of going thru all of them all now to see what I need.
The 20,000 output is rated the same as the K20. Highly doubtful I agree, but I can get 3, almost 4 for the price of one K20.
So, if you want to get some to use as a stepping stone till you can get powersoft then by all means...
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fracture_clinic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 11:58am
Thank you to everyone who has replied you've been real helpful.

So it seems like I need to deal with a distributor directly, specify some particulars (cheers lev!) pay the import tax and hope a little.

This leaves me with a question, given the price in some cases can be 100 bucks between a 6000 and 10,000 am I to expect that this is the same amp and perhaps one has a better PSU or caps?

I'm thinking the 14000 for 4x v18.

Edited by Fracture_clinic - 08 January 2019 at 12:04pm
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Fracture_clinic Fracture_clinic wrote:

So it seems like I need to deal with a distributor directly, specify some particulars (cheers lev!) pay the import tax and hope a little.

If they can't offer upgraded O/P devices, PSU section, would walk away.

Also suggest only seller who accepts Paypal payment.

I would strongly suggest you go for an FP20000q.

I had 4x semi decent fp10000q at one point, but if I were to buy another Fp copy, this is the only one I would consider for 4x subs.

https://hyproaudio.en.made-in-china.com/product/eSmQEhfCaWcH/China-New-Product-Fp20000q-Power-Amplifier-Line-Array-Amplifier.html

Twin PSU is interesting.

But Each group of O/P devices is for 1x Channel, Underside of the boards, is populated same for other 2x channels.

So you can see, only 10x output devices per channel, on sub !!?

Erm, not sure about that.

Edited by levyte357- - 08 January 2019 at 12:40pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fracture_clinic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by Fracture_clinic Fracture_clinic wrote:

If they can't offer upgraded O/P devices, PSU section, would walk away.

Also suggest only seller who accepts Paypal payment.

I would strongly suggest you go for an FP20000q.

I had 4x semi decent fp10000q at one point, but if I were to buy another Fp copy, this is the only one I would consider for 4x subs.

https://hyproaudio.en.made-in-china.com/product/eSmQEhfCaWcH/China-New-Product-Fp20000q-Power-Amplifier-Line-Array-Amplifier.html

Twin PSU is interesting.

But Each group of O/P devices is for 1x Channel, so you can see, only 10x output devices per channel, on sub !!?

Erm, not sure about that.

Ahh wicked cheers for the info lev!

I'll see what prices I get quoted and see what they can offer. I agree paypal or nothing.

As a rule how many output devices would you want min for sub?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>