Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In-ceiling speakers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In-ceiling speakers
    Posted: 09 August 2018 at 6:34pm
OK I know it's not PA but I need to ask here because I always get a good steer. 
What is your top reccomendation for ceiling speakers?
They will be for my kitchen about 30 sq meters, need to fit between standard joists, have a good response, active or passive. Quality is paramount. Budget unlimited, until I see the price.
Looking forward to your suggestions, you clever talented lot!
S

dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2018 at 7:48pm
Speakercraft AIM series... the 8” are good!
Risc_Terilia View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risc_Terilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2018 at 12:49pm
Sheggy View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2018 at 8:35am
The Speakercraft stuff does look good, have you installed any of those Dylan or heard them? Very interested.
Risc_Terrilla: My starting point was the Genelecs. Have you seen the in-wall sub? I don't think I'll have room for that. I'll get a quote on the Genelec system anyway.
Anyone familiar with the Kef options>
Keep those suggestions coming.
S
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2018 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Sheggy Sheggy wrote:

The Speakercraft stuff does look good, have you installed any of those Dylan or heard them? Very interested.

I have, a few times. I do very little residential work but these are my go-to for that. They make a lot of sense feature wise and sound good too. Can also supply at a good rate ;)
If I was fitting ceiling speakers at home for myself, they’re the range I’d go for.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2018 at 9:56am
Look in to Monitor Audio offering. My friend here has installed quite a lot of those. I was always surprised how they do.

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2018 at 8:45am
Yes I second the monitor audio gear as well, they also do an in wall sub option too. I haven't used the sub but the in ceiling ones give a very nice sound. I have two of the c380-idc in my kitchen which gives a good full clean sound
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2018 at 10:13am
Pretty much exclusively fit monitor audio at work. Nice to fit and sound good.
100% Earth Moving Bass
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2018 at 11:12pm
I've installed loads of the Void ceiling speakers, usually the 8"s. Sound great and go plenty loud. Sound better than some of the others I've tried but that said not tried the ones above though the Speakercraft do look good with built in subs.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 5:54pm
The weird new Bose one actually works like they say it does and it sounds good. I was as suprised as you lot are.
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2018 at 8:30am
I was having a dump in the toilets at Warwick castle, and realised the piped middle-ages themed muzak was playing through a Void ceiling speaker.

It was OK, as was the speaker.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
 Post Reply Post Reply