Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speakerplans DM2 build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speakerplans DM2 build
    Posted: 18 August 2018 at 10:23pm
I’m making a DM2 to use as a drum fill.
Here’s some build pictures so far.

A bit more to do, but its looking good. It’s quite large! Needs filling and sanding, plus handles and other hardware. Waiting for parts to arrive, then should be able to continue in the week.
Will be loaded with fane drivers.
100% Earth Moving Bass
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 11:28pm
Bloody nice work GAZ! 

..maybe a tickle of bracing in there too? A baton from between to 15"s to the back and maybe some triangles to stiffen it up a little bit as it looks like you've already nailed it together

Edited by mini-mad - 18 August 2018 at 11:30pm
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 11:45pm
I did wonder about bracing, but as there’s none on the plan I thought I’d try it first and see what happens. Seems a pretty solid cab, the midrange chamber creates some bracing too. I’m going to be adding some additional ply to the bottom as I’m going to put heavy duty castors on it.
100% Earth Moving Bass
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2018 at 12:10am
I've been on this forum a while now, but never seen one of these built.

I'm interested to hear what you think of the sound as a stand alone full range box.
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2018 at 12:45am
I’ve not seen any built either. Hopefully by next weekend I’ll have it finished, I’m quite looking forward to hear it for the first time.
My guess as to why there’s not more around is probably it’s size, it’s a big old thing! You’d never move it on your own, and it’s already got some weight to it, by the time it’s loaded with drivers and got all it’s other hardware on its going to be properly heavy!
Still, nothing some heavy duty castors and a tail lift can’t fix.
100% Earth Moving Bass
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2018 at 6:40am
Very nice. What drivers are you loading them with?
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2018 at 8:59am
Fane colossus 15b and a CD150. I want studio 10’s but I can’t get any so I’m putting eminence deltas in for now and I’ll change them for fanes if some come along. The main problem I’ve found is being able to get the 10’s in 16 ohm.
100% Earth Moving Bass
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2018 at 10:16am
Thumbs Up 
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2018 at 12:34pm
Very good, can't beat a bit of woodwork in the garden! Smile And it may be big but I'll bet it'll be bloody loud too!
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2018 at 8:40pm
Yes it should be able to punch above even the drummers that play the drums like they hate them!
100% Earth Moving Bass
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2018 at 7:18pm
It's been mentioned about bracing, but I would add a towel hook for the drummer's dribble towel.

Edited by djeddie - 20 August 2018 at 7:20pm
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
martinsson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinsson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2018 at 9:14pm
NIce!

This looks very good, it feels proper, old school, and just plain nice, no fancy this or that, just plain good old rock and roll, It's the format and the loading that does it i guess, the genuine feel of the thing.

Thanks for sharing GAZ, very nice, and I bet it will sound just right.
Swedish Pro-fi diy-nerd - http://www.martinsson.cc/blog/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>