Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B&C 8PE21 horn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
catalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B&C 8PE21 horn
    Posted: 29 November 2023 at 2:52pm
Hi there!

Very happy with the sound of the horns. Sharp,fast and plenty of spl.
For those corners i used first wood chips mixt with glue for rough shape,after rough sanding i aplied some saw dust mixt with glue.
Final stage ,some fine wood filler an fine sanding. You need to have big patience,it is time consuming.
Before ewerything,i create a mesh from wire and some fine screws .

Edited by catalin - 29 November 2023 at 2:55pm
angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2023 at 11:53pm
Awesome work on these horns! 

I am planning something similar but much simpler - more like the xtro mid horn section.

What method did you use to fill in the corner transitions from the baffle to the horn mouth here:

Also, have you managed to test them and get some feedback on the design/approach?

If they sound as good as they look they will be great!
They're complaining over there, but it's their fault!
luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2020 at 11:01pm
Love it, they look great.
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 7:42am
Awesome looking job!
catalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 6:21am
I will ad some,and do some measurements with and without damping.

Contour View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Contour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 10:16am
no damping added? Try to get hold of some ‘twaron’ 
catalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 8:51am
Almost finish!

concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:17pm
stunning Clap
catalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 5:17pm

Finaly paint is done!!Smile

luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 2:03am
Originally posted by doller doller wrote:

It's near impossible with a hand circular saw. They only bevel one way and it's always the wrong way. Cutting perfect matching panels near impossible. I am sure a few can do it.
The best way is to make an angled cut off jig for the table saw. You can get exactly matching panels. But yes it does always take a bit of trial and error.

With a circular saw yes, difficult and not very repeatable. However I would choose a good track saw like the TS55 or Mafell equivalent over all simarly priced table saws I have come across.

I can get the same accuracy and just as clean a cut with my TS55 as I used to on a Altendorf panel saw. It does take a bit longer to setup and I sometimes need to make a jig or two but it is an incredibly versatile tool that I use daily. 

Also as a side note, it's not difficult to cut past 47 degrees with the right setup, whichever side of the blade. 

doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2019 at 3:55am

I think the OP used one.

And this is a really nice build loving the chunky look and the sp terminals. Very impressive.

Edited by doller - 28 January 2019 at 3:56am
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2019 at 3:54am
It's near impossible with a hand circular saw. They only bevel one way and it's always the wrong way. Cutting perfect matching panels near impossible. I am sure a few can do it.
The best way is to make an angled cut off jig for the table saw. You can get exactly matching panels. But yes it does always take a bit of trial and error.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>