Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are Naphon amps any good for subs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Jack_The_Ripper Jack_The_Ripper wrote:

Would you say the Proline 3000 are the most reliable Chinese high power sub amps? I know SAE do CA20 but they're more than £600 each including shipping. 

If you want reliability, you need to pay for it.

Despite what FB muppets say, Proline 3000 will eventually die, if you play it on sub, at 4 ohm stereo, with 2x 1kw drivers per channel.

Cheapest sub amp, I hear is reliable, is the SAE PCM thingy Paulus uses.

Don't buy expensive 1KW 18" sub drivers, then cheap out on sub amp..

False Economy.

Edited by levyte357- - 10 October 2018 at 12:09pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 12:17pm
The hype around prolines is a dangerous thing - I got sucked in - tried to be as careful as could be - blew 4 1850's - could have bought an inf8 for the price of the recones - never again
Jack_The_Ripper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack_The_Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 12:22pm
Any idea on price of the PCM series? I'll be honest i'm quite poor so I don't want to skimp on sub amps I just can't afford a very decent quality pair amps it's that simple. 
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 12:51pm

Any idea on price of the PCM series? I'll be honest i'm quite poor so I don't want to skimp on sub amps I just can't afford a very decent quality pair amps it's that simple. 

What cabs are you using with which drivers? that will help in advising on the amp.

Rish
bruce@bluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 12:57pm
As far as I know the PROLINE 3000 is not made by Naphon but by Deton. The most reliable of the Naphon's are the MA series in fact they have outlived the berry's and yes they are heavy 
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by bruce@bluff bruce@bluff wrote:

As far as I know the PROLINE 3000 is not made by Naphon but by Deton. The most reliable of the Naphon's are the MA series in fact they have outlived the berry's and yes they are heavy 

Indeed Proline 3000 is made by Deton, I got the circuit schematics from Deton years ago..

Naphon's in question had their time..

Void Inf8MK2, Powersoft K20, X4, X8 are all the rage now..

If you have 4 ohm drivers, and decent mains supply in venues, Crest 9001, worth a play, 2x drivers per side.

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
bruce@bluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 1:22pm
True, but with exchange rate of 20 South African Rand   to 1GBP Dead  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack_The_Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 1:39pm
My subs are dual 18" RCF L18P300 loaded EV QRX218 custom copies powered by a Proline 3000 each (which i've seen on the internet has been bench tested to output about 1,900 rms per channel 4 ohms) but i'm worried they aren't gonna be long time reliable so I asked about Naphon. 

I know if I had the money i'd go for two Crest CA18 but I just can't afford them decent condition ones sell for a minimum of about £900 each used. The most I can afford is about £600 per amp I just in no way can afford more than that and due to me being on disability benefits I can only afford to buy one and then save up some more later on and buy another. I'm trying to start my own business and start doing discos and maybe give people the clu kind of experience for their birthdays etc...But as i'm finding out only foreign nationals are given help to start a business, i've asked  four times in the past 10 years and been told by the DWP and job centres they wouldn't even consider it. So i'm trying to do all this on my little amount of money. 

Edited by Jack_The_Ripper - 10 October 2018 at 1:48pm
rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 1:41pm
Are you running each proline in 4ohm bridge?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack_The_Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by rosssss224 rosssss224 wrote:

Are you running each proline in 4ohm bridge?

No but if the Prolines definately won't last years and years and years I might have to g
et rid of the ones i've got and buy four used QSC RMX2450, EV P2000 or maybe two more QSC RMX4050HD and bridge them into 4 ohms. I already have two RMX4050HD that are in absolutely mint condition that I used one for my dj montors and one for my mid/highs. 
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 1:54pm