Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Void Inf 8 VS FFA, MC2, Powersoft

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2018 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by junoprobelaunch junoprobelaunch wrote:

I'm having a pretty troubling time trying to understand all of it now to be honest but am glad I have gotten at least a bit of a grasp on it now and not when I'm in a situation where my lack of understanding is a matter of life and death for very expensive parts of my rig! It is very hard to know what is truthful and what is not when reading on this forum because as you've proven many many times even seemingly very informed users can get something vital to the stability of a sound system completely wrong.

Back to my original question though, I understand a drivers ratings being more or less what power they survive at under very different conditions to what 99% will in reality be subjected too, but as you said my explanation was wrong, where does all the extra power the amp puts out go? (not trying to be a dick just trying to make 100% sure I have a complete understanding of this)

Sorry, I misread your response the first time round.

Essentially you're correct, the majority of the CURRENT is wasted as heat in the copper coil.

Also audio is a rabbit hole, it is physics, as well as art.

Edited by toastyghost - 15 October 2018 at 10:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234