Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Funktion One res2 alternative woofer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2018 at 6:48am
I doubt if the limiter is too tight: Amplifier gain 32db out: 5 dBu

is set to 400w, is not that I should set it on 800w, + 8dbu?
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2018 at 11:49am
First thing I would do is stick a measurement mic in front of it and see what can be done with the existing system, adding some f215 as  John Newsham suggests would likely be advantageous but more could likely be done with the original F1 loaded system. 
For example check to see how the existing system is interacting with the room, you may have a cancelation in the area you are having a problem with, throwing more xmax and power at it will  get you nowhere if that is the case.
The xover  on the F218 could be raised and realigned to take the load in the kick region, possibly using overlapping xover points etc. Lots can be tried before swapping drivers IMHO if you haven't already.
Angelow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2018 at 1:24pm
limiter to 200w on the m/h 400w limiter on 15 midbass: the m/h still push the subs push again the medium low (xover gain + 8db as specifications) goes to red. it is clear that 400w are not enough (+ 4dbu on e25 with 33db input)
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2018 at 2:48pm
Do you have any measurements we can look at?
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2018 at 3:21pm
I would not even remotely consider swapping out drivers in this system, the waveguides and drive units have had a huge amount of R&D done on them by Tony and John, they don't just use 'off the shelf' drivers, they design from the ground up, to think that you can just stick drivers with more power handling and more xmax and think your going to improve things is just plain naive, and that is putting it politely.
Best thing you can do is put the original drivers back in and get an experienced audio engineer in to sort it, poss call the farm and see if they can recommend someone or give Pasi on here a shout.
Angelow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2018 at 7:05pm

in tms4 LEM mounted at the time a rcf woofer MUCH MORE POWERFUL and EFFICIENT for its clone system called cx 800. Punctually there are drivers that on the sub f218 sound louder. The modified f218 forums are full .. It is the woofer placed in a normal hybrid horn configuration .. Measurements there are not, but it does not take a scientist to understand that if the 15 has 102 db of efficiency, and to be aligned to the high needs 8 db more that can not be enough 400w vs 200 ...

Edited by Angelow - 24 October 2018 at 7:07pm
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2018 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Angelow Angelow wrote:

in tms4 LEM mounted at the time a rcf woofer MUCH MORE POWERFUL and EFFICIENT for its clone system called cx 800. Punctually there are drivers that on the sub f218 sound louder. The modified f218 forums are full .. It is the woofer placed in a normal hybrid horn configuration .. Measurements there are not, but it does not take a scientist to understand that if the 15 has 102 db of efficiency, and to be aligned to the high needs 8 db more that can not be enough 400w vs 200 ...

The scientists will attenuate the MF an HF. Not boost the LF. So yeah, it does take a scientist. 
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Angelow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2018 at 7:39pm
this supports my theory:
15 undersized!

if you lower the section m / h, in addition to not arrive 15 inches, it will not even her ..
Money to take two "delay" does not want to spend ..
wants to solve with 2 cones ..
missing a couple of db solve it by changing only the cone with a 4 ohm version that holds more power with the same efficiency.
I did a test with my 15nbx100 and it works very well.
Infact with + 4dbu at 4 ohms you get 800w, but 3dbu is enough on the limiter to make up for the lack of 15 on the floor.

But we wondered if I had to buy it from scratch if I could use something already tried and not a random woofer.
Maybe it sounds the same as the woofer I put reducing the gain ..

Edited by Angelow - 24 October 2018 at 7:42pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123