Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

dual 15 inch loaded sub

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dual 15 inch loaded sub
    Posted: 20 October 2018 at 4:26pm
hi
recently have become fascinated with the concept of designing my own bass horn. it appeals to me because I yearn to do something other than just build a public domain 18inch Flh and stand out from the hoards of other rigs. Im slowly working my way through all parts of the dinsdale horn guide combined with loads of other reading material and while doing so, I became intrigued by the possibility of designing a dual loaded 15inch horn exponential horn. 2 15 inch drivers would yield more acoustical output and power than a single 21inch while also being cheaper so it seems strange that no one has done this. am I wrong? is this a concept worth perusing? really any input from more experienced horn designers would be helpful here.
FrederikMA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrederikMA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2018 at 4:58pm
There is no reason it shouldn't work. The labhorn is exactly that just using 12s.
junoprobelaunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2018 at 5:46pm
yes, I took inspiration from the lab horn. with this horn however I aim to make it much more reliable and with more powerful drivers
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2018 at 6:48pm
have you looked at the meatgrinder?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2018 at 7:34pm
yeah, I have actually. IMHO 2x 18 Inch drivers is a bit overkill, especially seen as two singularly loaded FLHs would most likely sound considerably better. In my eyes, 2x 15 inch drivers is a much better combination as it would ccost around the same as an 1850 (standard 18inch horn driver) while still packing a considerable amount more punch.
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2018 at 12:11pm
Dinsdale is dated...... Check out martin j kings papers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2018 at 1:08am
I will do. I stumbled across the Lab 15 driver and I belive it is the perfect contender for this sub. This box is going to be huge, 1340 (to fit flush with ES218) by 1220 by 700.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2018 at 11:13am
don't make it bigger than any doors you're likely to want to get it through..
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2018 at 11:31am
CryBig smile just under 72cm fits to most of the doors with a pushLOL
You will still need 1.5m free space after the door to make a turnOuch
And the door has to fully open Big smile

Edited by gen0me - 23 October 2018 at 11:32am
I appreciate every like :)) https//www.facebook.com/genomesoundsystems
Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/gen-ome/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2018 at 12:11pm
If we put it with the mouth facing up I'm fairly certain it will fit through doors in my area, will have to double check. However, this box is being designed primarily for use outside because that's where 90% of our gigs will take place.
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2018 at 12:18pm
servo drive. Wasn't that the lab pre cursor?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2018 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by doller doller wrote:

servo drive. Wasn't that the lab pre cursor?

unsure what you mean by servo drive there pal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>