Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Proline 3000 - People blowing drivers or Amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proline 3000 - People blowing drivers or Amp
    Posted: 29 October 2018 at 5:14pm
Those of you who have blown amp, drivers, trying to get 2kwpc @ 4 ohm, after believing hearsay.

Please comment here, people are still doing this.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
ArthurG View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArthurG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 5:49pm
Proline, as well as all Thomann amps, has only a simple & cheap peak stop limiter that is rubbish. Lot of DC and square wave coming out when it clips. It put stress on the amp (the bipolar transistors dont like it) and on speakers. You get what you pay for...
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 5:50pm
what exactly is the "hearsay" ? that it's Output is 2000w @4 Ohms or that it blows Drivers?
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by corell corell wrote:

what exactly is the "hearsay" ? that it's Output is 2000w @4 Ohms or that it blows Drivers?

Originally posted by dOpeShack dOpeShack wrote:

I drove 2 PD.1850 per side of a proline and clipped (it is my fault, still it clipped real quickly) and burned two PD.1850 out of the 4. Not enough headroom. I got a void inf8 now which i bought for 1000euros.
What people recommend in here with the proline is bridge it to drivge only two PD.1850, then you have plenty of headroom. But then for 4 scoops you'd still need two prolines, and then can get a high end amp like the void for the same price.
PEACE
munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 7:16pm
I ran 4 v18 loaded scoops for 3 years off a proline with no problems and would have people commenting on how loud the scoops were all the time. They were used nearly every weekend for 5-24 hours at a time.the drivers and amp were sold, still fully functional. Always limited off my ultradrive
the midtops!
munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 7:17pm
I once ran 8 punishers off 2 proline and made bigger rigs seem very quiet
the midtops!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 7:21pm

Originally posted by rosssss224 rosssss224 wrote:

I read forums, deduced it would be fine, blew 4 drivers, regretted even trying. Now face £££ recone bill and need to get an inf8 instead. Just dont want someone to make my mistake (again)

also bought the proline new for £550 and wont be able to sell it for anything less than £350 but it will make a solid kick amp.

If you do use it buy an inline attenuator (-10 or -15dB) to make sure the limiter is catching peaks.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by corell corell wrote:

Do you have test figures stating 2000w @ 4 ohms, for 40-60hz?

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by munkey munkey wrote:

I ran 4 v18 loaded scoops for 3 years off a proline with no problems and would have people commenting on how loud the scoops were all the time. They were used nearly every weekend for 5-24 hours at a time.the drivers and amp were sold, still fully functional. Always limited off my ultradrive

Clap
munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 9:21pm
What's your point? Imo they're good amps if you're careful. They don't have crazy power but pump enough juice for bass 
the midtops!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 8:38am
Originally posted by munkey munkey wrote:

What's your point? Imo they're good amps if you're careful. They don't have crazy power but pump enough juice for bass 

IMHO, great in 8 ohm stereo, 4 ohm bridge, OK in 4 ohm stereo, but not enough to fully drive 2x 1kw drivers per channel, with bass heavy material.

Edited by levyte357- - 30 October 2018 at 8:39am
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 11:29am
the naphon 1400 amps look identical, I think people are getting them confused, know of 1 for sale if any one is interested, will do 2kw at 4ohm per channel   
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>