Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Proline 3000 - People blowing drivers or Amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2018 at 1:17am
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Originally posted by njw njw wrote:

Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

This post has become refreshing.

Notice some Fane 400w 15's in the for sale section, proper loud and lovely with not much input.

Maybe sensitivity in drivers will make a come back when they run out of bull?

Quite, I always love the look on peoples faces when I tell them that my mids are only 200w (Studio 12L's), it gets even better when I also tell them that they are set -3db to the rest of the system. LOL

Clap

There still are ‘sensitive’ drivers if you’re not fussed about linearity or broad response
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2018 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by studio45 studio45 wrote:

Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

He´s got a load of them under his VRX - and at least one of the cabs has reversed phase! After checking with the local tech service, he was told that it could happen if the speaker was overheated!  Confused

Wait, what? He's got a driver that has reversed its *own* phase after being overheated? How could that possibly work?

Yes - and confirmed by the official JBL service center here. I don´t understand it either. It does sound crazy. Hopefully I´ll get the cab into my workshop this week, then I can investigate further.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 8:57am
Only possibly way I could imagine that is a magnetic field flip, but surely it would die before that happened. And that would affect both coil's relative motion surely. Weird.
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 12:30pm
Or, it was always like that, but only got noticed after something else (possibly related to the same overheating event) caused the enquiry to the tech. Still doesn't explain the bullshit explanation though.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 1:13pm
He noticed some bass-end cancelation at a gig and found the odd cab/driver.

Maybe one of the coils has burned out - or through and causing some sort of short-circuit, who knows. Apparently the guy at the service center has seen this before with these drivers. The blurb for the thing talks about "Dual-Bridged Technology, Class D", so anything is possible!   LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
rhythmsandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhythmsandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 7:17pm
I think there are few problems from proline. 

1. Input signal Clipping which could have been better but how many of the users are actually clipping.
2. The bass grip and the restoration of kick drum hit is amazing as many has expressed. Probably thats happening because its not really class H its because of Class G kind of operation. 
3. NTC inrush limiting is punny and there are many places the amp is under engineered. Which could have been better if it would have solved the above issues but prices is what everyone seems looking at. How many would come forward if the price is about 2.5x or 3x and yet has drive capability of the proline 3000? As far as I know many who drove Class D amps never said its better than Class AB/H but none of them who i know tried proline 3000. 

Look at the following input clipping system where the input of the amplifier itself is getting limited and giving this soft clip. Can anyone rate it that if thats the clipping behaviour of the amplifier then would that be ok? https://www.dropbox.com/s/n24lwg2926kn2qj/input%20limiter.JPG?dl=0
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2019 at 10:24am
Originally posted by rhythmsandy rhythmsandy wrote:

I think there are few problems from proline. 

1. Input signal Clipping which could have been better but how many of the users are actually clipping.
2. The bass grip and the restoration of kick drum hit is amazing as many has expressed. Probably thats happening because its not really class H its because of Class G kind of operation. 
3. NTC inrush limiting is punny and there are many places the amp is under engineered. Which could have been better if it would have solved the above issues but prices is what everyone seems looking at. How many would come forward if the price is about 2.5x or 3x and yet has drive capability of the proline 3000? As far as I know many who drove Class D amps never said its better than Class AB/H but none of them who i know tried proline 3000. 

Look at the following input clipping system where the input of the amplifier itself is getting limited and giving this soft clip. Can anyone rate it that if thats the clipping behaviour of the amplifier then would that be ok? https://www.dropbox.com/s/n24lwg2926kn2qj/input%20limiter.JPG?dl=0

Yes, some good points. I´ve never used a 3000, but it sounds like it does what it says on the box and a lot of people just don´t understand AES ratings and low crest factor source muzak pushed to the limit, etc.

As regards the clip, it´s impossible to comment without more data, ie what was the input voltage at that point. I´ve just looked at the specs for the amp and see that it´s input sensitivity is 0,77V. That´s actuall quite low for such a big amp. Most will use 1V, or more - in order to avoid 'premature' overdriving and clipping. So that could be an issue with the amp.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
thes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2019 at 5:39pm
Btw, on thomann website the Proline 3000 ( and ta 2400 too) are now advertised as class AB amplifiers. Can someone confirm this?
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2019 at 8:00pm
Phone them.
thes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2019 at 10:58pm
I was thinking to send them an email but, considering the fact that someone else build those amps for thomann, i doubt they know this kind of details.
It's been a year since i'm checking their amps on their website but i swear that today is the first time
the "class AB" classification is present. Must have been added recently.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2019 at 9:08am
Originally posted by thes thes wrote:

I was thinking to send them an email but, considering the fact that someone else build those amps for thomann, i doubt they know this kind of details.
It's been a year since i'm checking their amps on their website but i swear that today is the first time
the "class AB" classification is present. Must have been added recently.

These are new versions of the amps.

The pictures on Thomann website, need updating.

I just checked the original manufacturer's web page.

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
thes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2019 at 1:25pm
Really there are new versions of those amps?
Even proline 3000's price has changed: 658 euros before 599 euros now...i'm intriguedSmile
Can someone confirm?
If those amps are in class AB now they should also sound better...would be nice to know much more.
Would love to use a proline 3000 in my home setupBig smile

Are these originally manufactured by Deton?

Edited by thes - 07 April 2019 at 1:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>