Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Proline 3000 - People blowing drivers or Amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2019 at 7:07pm
I'm almost sure there is a mistake, class-h stuff in reality.

odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2019 at 10:29pm
Class AB and H are not mutually exclusive. H/G is usually an AB biased output stage with switchable/variable power DC rails for an efficiency boost when it comes to not wasting power with low signals and fixed high voltage DC rails.
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2019 at 5:56am
Yes, true that. Basically AB-amplifier. However when ever I'm looking/buying amplifiers, I want to know is it standard AB or class H/G configured.  Some class H/G amps are more problematic than AB in some cases, rail switching distortion etc..

There are so many different amp configurations around class AB having advantages and disadvantages.
I have seen parallel configured class H amps too.

Edited by Tonskulus - 08 April 2019 at 6:12am
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2019 at 9:28am
Yes - I think that once you get to rail voltages over +/- 95 or so, you really need to go H or G to avoid excessive  stress on the output devices.

I remember reading an article once about how there can be more stress on the O/P transistors with the volume less than 100% due to the fact that the devices are having to drop a substancial amount of voltage, rather than just working in 'swithching' mode.

And then add in phase shifts, etc:

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2019 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Tonskulus Tonskulus wrote:

I'm almost sure there is a mistake, class-h stuff in reality.

Find it highly unlikely.

Thomann have had these amps labelled as Class H on their site for at  least 12x years.

They would not change that "Willy Nilly".

I would expect Deton has modified these amps.

Unless Deton standards have fallen, and they are now blatantly lying in their specs, as is the case with other Chinese manufacturers.

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2019 at 11:17am
Well, someone has to go and get one to see if it's ab or class-h.. 

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2019 at 2:04pm
Or just tell Thomann you want to buy a load - but need to know what they really are...   LOL Evil Smile LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2019 at 2:35pm
Called them, asking for clarification, lady says no one available in PA department now, email them.

Emailed PA department, as if these are actually new Class AB models, I want one.

They read email, didn't respond.

I'm thinking the respect I had for Thomann, is slowly evaporating...
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2019 at 5:47pm
About the "Class-H" :
All Class-H circuitry have rail separation diodes which completely blocking the reverse energy flow.
This circuit works only with pure resistors type load, otherwise -- with reactive load-- the load character is completely undamped between rail steps..
In other words the membranes of speakers are "free floating" due lack of active damping effect.
Maybe somebody like this effect but I would not say it *professional*
You can not stack effectively working (proper phase aligned, SPL & transient response) multiple speaker arrays from random phase radiators neither.
thes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2019 at 5:54pm
All i can say is that on deton website there are a whole new line of AONE amplifiers.
Before we had Deeton AONE 3600 (marketed ny thomann as the proline 3000 we know) and the AONE 4400 wich, unfortunately, almost none of us has seen in real life. The new AONE series has 3 amps: A_ONE I, A-ONE II and A-ONE III. They are indeed class AB , the faceplate looks almost identical but the speacs and the rear are way different, a total different amplifier. I don't think that thomann could ship an amp so different in place of the old amp without warning the buyer.
Also new Deton amps have poor specs: damping factor and slew rates are very poor. Hope t hey don't go downill like naphon did.
Also, i must point out that thomann never advertised ta 2400 and proline 3000's as class H amplifiers on their websites or manual, no information on the class of these amplifiers has ever been available from thomann and the schematics have never been available. Honestly i can't recall if deton has ever advertised the AONE 3600 as a class H amp or not but, on their website, AONE 3600's specs are still available and there's no mention of the class of that amp.
I do think they are class H at this point but, more than that, i would be interested in knowing how they would perform in a home stereo setup in terms of sound quality
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2019 at 6:25pm
I have the circuit schematics from for the Proline series.
Also, the more sharper eyed readers, will have seen All the new AONE series, are lighter, than the Proline 3000, even the more higher rated amp.

This smells fishy to me, especially as they use the new 3U backplate pic, in the specs for a 2U lightweight amp.

Think the glory days of Deton/Thomann Proline might be over.

Edited by levyte357- - 08 April 2019 at 6:26pm
thes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2019 at 9:59pm
Totally agree.
Please can you comment on the sound quality of the proline 3000?
I would love to use it FULL RANGE for listening / monitoring pourpose.
Right now i'm using a qsc rmx 2450...would the proline 3000 be a step down?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>