Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cubo 18 extended build

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cubo 18 extended build
    Posted: 22 November 2018 at 9:33pm
well. been a while since i built anything. and i've had some really scuzzy pd1850s on the shelf for a long while. so figured i'd give a pair of these a shot.

they will do. i'll get a chance to play with them on saturday in a room i'm pretty familiar with. but wow, with pd1850s.. they are seriously heavy little things!

will report back when i've got to know them a bit better.

thanks johanes!

Edited by cravings - 22 November 2018 at 9:36pm
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2018 at 7:33am
tidy job.  They look great.   Do feed back how you find them!
Fracture_clinic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fracture_clinic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 10:07am
Any news on these?
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 11:30am
have only had them out the once so far. they did good. i like them. had them on a pkn xe4000 and they took all it could offer.. felt like could get more out of them with a bigger amp.

didn't end up with any time in the space for measuring or playing around so haven't had them aligned or anything. tops were martin w3. i intend to keep them together as a system. but yeah they were nice and clean. got some random complements from people.

have them out again on saturday. just need to get to know them a bit better.

the handles don't work at all.. but i couldn't work out where to put any that would work, so i just put some in where i could so there would at least be some. they've heavy for their size with the pd1850s, and they're really front heavy. again.. i'll just get used to moving them around.
AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 12:24pm
Maybe retrofit bar handles in the top and bottom towards the back.
simo69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simo69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 4:29pm
has anyone made a version of the Cudo using a 21" driver?
djkeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

the handles don't work at all.. but i couldn't work out where to put any that would work, so i just put some in where i could so there would at least be some. they've heavy for their size with the pd1850s, and they're really front heavy. again.. i'll just get used to moving them around.

Lovely build the handles don't work because of its square shape really its a two man lift and 1 person roll especially with the 1850's.which is still fine
Soundbite
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by simo69 simo69 wrote:

has anyone made a version of the Cudo using a 21" driver?

https://www.freespeakerplans.com/plans/14-plans/basscab/6-cubo-sub
 Post Reply Post Reply