Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin 115 horn extensions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joey carlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2018 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

the funktion one lads here built a big horn extension for 8 x f121s. i think they said they measured 16db increase.. but no real low end extension.

Epic! 16db is massive , but so is that horn lol
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2018 at 11:41pm
!!!!!!
That shows up on normalized (overall power/crossurface) sims. But this has to have some directivity. Should have brought excavator and dig it inLOL
I appreciate every like :)) https//www.facebook.com/genomesoundsystems
Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/gen-ome/
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2018 at 11:47pm
couple of blurry photos from the construction

gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2018 at 11:54pm
Big smile
So is the shell made from plywood? Was it resonating? What about directivity?
Screwed/welded?

Edited by gen0me - 30 November 2018 at 11:54pm
I appreciate every like :)) https//www.facebook.com/genomesoundsystems
Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/gen-ome/
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2018 at 11:59pm
that's steel box section welded into sections the size of plywood sheets. 3.5M sheets i think. so then the steel sections bolt together. and if you look at the photo from the festival job you can see there are more steel sections as braces, and a load of steel rope as tensioners.

first time we fired it up for a quick test in the warehouse was hillarious. standing on the top you were almost bounced up and down. that was when it became instantly obvious just how much more bracing was going to be needed.

i was with them for a day or so of the initial assembly.. but i've actually never heard it in action on a job. i'm sure they got it tight though. they know what they're at.
Joey carlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joey carlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2018 at 12:24am
Thinking of doing similar but on a bit smaller scale lol
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2018 at 9:32pm

the funktion one lads here built a big horn extension for 8 x f121s. i think they said they measured 16db increase.. but no real low end extension.

And a couple of hours later there was an off his nut raver with his head wedged in the front of it.....
Joey carlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joey carlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2018 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by njw njw wrote:

And a couple of hours later there was an off his nut raver with his head wedged in the front of it.....

With ruptured eyeballs
Phil B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2018 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Joey carlo Joey carlo wrote:

Thinking of doing similar but on a bit smaller scale lol

Our flat pack system works pretty well, still holding up and using adjustable screw clips means you can adjust up a tight fit everytime. If I was doing it again I would use wooden batten bracing across the large flat panels and ali' - L section for all edges..

We are thinking of some horn extensions for the Keystones but time is eluding us !

https://forum.speakerplans.com/th-unity-horn-24v-wind-solar-system_topic63191_page9.html

.p.
Mostly harmless.... except if catering is shut.

Solar Sound System Shennanigans..http://diyhifi.biz/
simo69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simo69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 8:16am

couple of blurry photos from the construction

Did you guys use an EVO7 and EVO6 combination?

Edited by simo69 - 05 December 2018 at 8:16am
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 10:05am
i think they did yes and have a few times. i just help them out with stuff the odd time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12