Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outdoor laser

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outdoor laser
    Posted: 30 November 2018 at 6:50pm
Neighbour has just fired up a low-end laser effect in his back garden for  his christmas decorations, onto a gable end and tree.  No-one's getting it in their windows and it's fairly discrete, but there's some sky spill: We sit under several flightpaths and the chopper coppers swing past several times a day.

Does he get a visit from the constabulary, or is this sort of DJ laser not an issue at distance?
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2018 at 12:36pm
Really depends what it is.
If its one of the sort of grating effects lasers being sold for garden displays then really not an issue, they are pretty much all safe to the eyes and I doubt would even be visible from a chopper.
If its an actual scanning laser, then it might be visible to them, but unlikely to prove a hazard unless he's doing static beams, and even then I doubt high enough power to do any trouble.

Put it this way, I wouldn't put any laser powerful enough to do damage out in the garden, because of the value issue.
If its in the garden I would imagine its cheap-o-shite laser of little actual power.

But yes, technically if sending unterminated beams into the sky, he should be completing a CAA form so they can issue a NOTAM for the duration of the show.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
 Post Reply Post Reply