Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

W8C vs W8LCD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: W8C vs W8LCD
    Posted: 05 December 2018 at 10:20am
Hi All, 

Currently using a mixture of W8C, W8CS, WS218X, W3 and W2. While the W8C are a great sounding box, it always lacks in the low mid range when crossing over to the WS218X. The W8CS certainly help with this, although take up quite a bit of space for what is a relively small passband that's lacking in output and require another processing channel and amplication. Therfore have been exploring other options.

Martin Audio say that the W8LCD is effective in arrays of 1 - 4 cabinets.  Two of these boxes in a ground stack configuration on top of WS218X would give very similar horrizontal and vertical coverage to a pair of W8C arrayed correctly. And i would imagine quite an increase in SPL and low mid extension. It would also be scalable as W8LC elements could be added when required. 

Opionions please, will the W8LCD give me what im looking for? Obviously no good in smaller spaces, will keep a couple of W8C for this. 

Edited by Ryan94 - 05 December 2018 at 10:58am
ruelectrical View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruelectrical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 2:21pm
Hi Ryan
I think you were trying to contact us via ebay , please call 07775597983 to discuss Martin w8lc
Regards
Roger
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 5:42pm
I don't have any issues crossing over between the W8C and WS218x i've also changed my W8CS to a different driver 

it's a pain throwing a w8c up that high tho ;/ 
error 404
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 8:19pm
What crossover settings are you using?

I use the S218 (obviously with modified gain and limiter values) / W8C values from the spreadsheet and as far as I can tell all is well
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2018 at 6:58am
Originally posted by spongebob spongebob wrote:

What crossover settings are you using?

I use the S218 (obviously with modified gain and limiter values) / W8C values from the spreadsheet and as far as I can tell all is well

pretty much the same, maybe some slight tweaks here and there. but nothing major, i took out a fair amount of sub from the w8cs when using those prob upto 90hz and let the ws218x do more of that 

One of the best systems i ever heard was W8c and Ws218x, reason why i bought mine ! 

Edited by brokenjoe - 07 December 2018 at 7:00am
error 404
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2018 at 11:05am

Love abit of WS218X :)

Edited by spongebob - 07 December 2018 at 11:06am
 Post Reply Post Reply