Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powersoft X4 - Used asking prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2018 at 6:16pm
..you'd need to do an impedance sweep to make sure. 
To be worth your salt you wouldn't guess or assume.
BUT to give advice on using basic maths and to play on the safe side of things telling people 4/8ohm on an amp channel is fairly SAFE advice and gives the novice the chance to explore, down the road, better ways of using their boxes and how to balance channel loads as to not push them to hard as to keep killing them.

#justsaying

Edited by mini-mad - 27 December 2018 at 6:17pm
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2018 at 6:46pm
That 10-12ohm might be the case, so 4 drivers might result in a 3ohm or whatever load.
But the damping factor will suffer regardless, compared to 2-3 8 ohm drivers in parallel.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 8:54am
Lol , so yesterday we did setups for today first setup is 
8*res3sh ,4*215mk2 F1, and 8*121 br’s pd2151 loaded , amps for this setup since it’s a four cornered game, is 2*m50q, 4*k6, and k20 . 
Setup 2 , all running from an X4 2*101 F1’s and 4*118 , 
First setup is using 32a, the second is fine on 16a both sounded fantastic, will put pics up on another topic, 
Lev just asking how many drivers have you blown in the last ten years ?
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Father-Francis Father-Francis wrote:

In last 10x years, blown 4x drivers.

2" Jbl comp, 1x PD1850, 2x Void V18-1000..

Pd1850 blown by 4050HD clipping.
2x Voids killed by Inf8mk2 on its way out on 1x Channel.

Funnily enough, when I drew 34A powering 4x of my Scoops, with 2x bridged amps, only people's minds were blown, by so much spl!!

LOL
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 12:18pm

Bridged QSCs and K20 compared on sub.

Video by Ermita.

No sub drivers blown..

But on the night, dude did blow 3x 18" drivers, in his tapped horns, trying to keep up with my Scoops.

LOL
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

In last 10x years, blown 4x drivers.

2" Jbl comp, 1x PD1850, 2x Void V18-1000..

Pd1850 blown by 4050HD clipping.
2x Voids killed by Inf8mk2 on its way out on 1x Channel.

Funnily enough, when I drew 34A powering 4x of my Scoops, with 2x bridged amps, only people's minds were blown, by so much spl!!

LOL
That’s not bad cause ten years ago we talked about Soundboy blowing a bin or two every time sound systems were out 🤓, and about keeping up with the next soundbouy, I stopped , that we try to just just the best and most clear,clean sound, we can get every time we are out on a job , when people leave for home in the morning they come and say I didn’t need my earplugs, cause it sounded so f🤬cking good , am glad.

Edited by Father-Francis - 29 December 2018 at 2:03pm
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Shelfstacker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelfstacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2019 at 10:03pm
Oh christ, not this again. Sorry I'm late to the party, but I thought I'd try and redress the balance.

Yes, we now own 6 of the X8 Dante, and they perform flawlessly whatever we ask of them.  I shy away from gigs obsessed by bass bass bass these days, although when we have needed it these X8's do deliver, seemingly as much as you want.

What they were excellent at driving recently was a large distributed outdoor sound system in Nottingham, where we had to cover 10k people in the round.  On a 2 day install for a 45 minute show, we put in 600 metres of Cat 5 cable, with Cisco switches and access points, all run from a QL1 on Dante.  With a man with an Ipad at each hang or stack controlling levels.  Headroom for days and no issues.

I'm not sure how else I would have wanted to rig and control that lot without native Dante?  As a package, Powersoft seem to have smashed it out of the park in terms of all round capability vs value for money.

We have also just started swapping our smaller systems and monitor rigs over to Powersoft T604 amps, which offer half the power of an X4, with a less sophisticated power supply, but for much less money.  I'll let you know how we get on with these, but the first few gigs have gone very well with the one we are trying out.

I don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I do have real world experience of this kit.
If you are at the circus and being attacked by clowns - go for the juggler
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2019 at 10:46pm
Shhhh they’re not bloody announced yet
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2019 at 1:59am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Never say I didn't warn you Lol , they can't keep it down LOLLOLLOL
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2019 at 2:04am

Worst kept secret

n
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2019 at 8:07am

Worst kept secret

n
i started getting inside info should get two-three home for testing Aka Keeps TongueTongueLOL 
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2019 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Shelfstacker Shelfstacker wrote:

Oh christ, not this again. Sorry I'm late to the party, but I thought I'd try and redress the balance.

Yes, we now own 6 of the X8 Dante, and they perform flawlessly whatever we ask of them.  I shy away from gigs obsessed by bass bass bass these days, although when we have needed it these X8's do deliver, seemingly as much as you want.

What they were excellent at driving recently was a large distributed outdoor sound system in Nottingham, where we had to cover 10k people in the round.  On a 2 day install for a 45 minute show, we put in 600 metres of Cat 5 cable, with Cisco switches and access points, all run from a QL1 on Dante.  With a man with an Ipad at each hang or stack controlling levels.  Headroom for days and no issues.

I'm not sure how else I would have wanted to rig and control that lot without native Dante?  As a package, Powersoft seem to have smashed it out of the park in terms of all round capability vs value for money.

We have also just started swapping our smaller systems and monitor rigs over to Powersoft T604 amps, which offer half the power of an X4, with a less sophisticated power supply, but for much less money.  I'll let you know how we get on with these, but the first few gigs have gone very well with the one we are trying out.

I don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I do have real world experience of this kit.
so you got any T604 home yet ? what would say about them ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>