Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powersoft X4 - Used asking prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelfstacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2019 at 10:05am
Yes, we have had a T604 for 6 weeks or so.  So far so good, it is indeed a mini X4 with slightly fewer features, but full Dante and Armonia.

I can't tell you about flat out 28hz 1 ohm bass performance with 6x 21" a channel, as that isn't the marketplace we're in.  I have hung some JBL VRX/SRX off it though, and had no problems with various 500 to 800 capacity shows.  That's 4 x SRX718 and 4 x VRX932 over 4 channels, on a 16 amp connector from heavy mains power.

We also have a Quattrocanali 4804 that was used heavily last year, and the T604 performs very close to that, albeit it in a more sturdy, road ready package.

I've got to say, these days, we are more often asked to turn stuff down rather than up, so outright performance in voltage/SPL terms isn't something I come across often.  For us it's more about overall sound quality, pattern control, seamless scaling, reliability, durablity, portability and cost of ownership.  All these recent offerings from Powersoft that we have tried have really performed well in those areas.
If you are at the circus and being attacked by clowns - go for the juggler
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2019 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Shelfstacker Shelfstacker wrote:

Yes, we have had a T604 for 6 weeks or so.  So far so good, it is indeed a mini X4 with slightly fewer features, but full Dante and Armonia.

I can't tell you about flat out 28hz 1 ohm bass performance with 6x 21" a channel, as that isn't the marketplace we're in.  I have hung some JBL VRX/SRX off it though, and had no problems with various 500 to 800 capacity shows.  That's 4 x SRX718 and 4 x VRX932 over 4 channels, on a 16 amp connector from heavy mains power.

We also have a Quattrocanali 4804 that was used heavily last year, and the T604 performs very close to that, albeit it in a more sturdy, road ready package.

I've got to say, these days, we are more often asked to turn stuff down rather than up, so outright performance in voltage/SPL terms isn't something I come across often.  For us it's more about overall sound quality, pattern control, seamless scaling, reliability, durablity, portability and cost of ownership.  All these recent offerings from Powersoft that we have tried have really performed well in those areas.
thanks for the info boss, am waiting for some , nail biting half my nails are gone am afraid I might start biting fingers , lol 
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2019 at 10:43am

Powersoft T604 amps, which offer half the power of an X4, with a less sophisticated power supply, but for much less money. 

Looks interesting but what does it mean " half the power of an X4, with a less sophisticated power supply "
Is it even weaker in its class than the X4? I mean continuous & burst ratings?
The problem with the x4 is the really weak power supply, I would expecting that powersoft develop something more robust, not weaker ;)
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2019 at 11:51am
Originally posted by U.Viktor U.Viktor wrote:

Powersoft T604 amps, which offer half the power of an X4, with a less sophisticated power supply, but for much less money. 

Looks interesting but what does it mean " half the power of an X4, with a less sophisticated power supply "
The problem with the x4 is the really weak power supply, I would expecting that powersoft develop something more robust, not weaker ;)

I absolutely did not expect this response.Wink
ArthurG View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArthurG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2019 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

I absolutely did not expect this response.Wink
He is still absolutely right..
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2019 at 12:15pm
but then again, it probably does the job Ermm
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2019 at 12:52pm
"Probably?" 

When we have tested X4 collapsed, run out of steam only 2 channels was loaded by wide-range high capacity boxes (~2000W and 4R per ch) driven by bit more heavy type music but clean and unclipped even 3* 400Vac strong 32A input!!!
The whole construction of the amp reflecting that it has been designed to deliver duty cycles of average to peak way bellow 1:10 ratio.

For which job X4 is OK? Driving PA speakers on the bus or train station...

Edited by U.Viktor - 19 January 2019 at 12:57pm
Shelfstacker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelfstacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2019 at 1:19pm
Again, we are nothing but happy using Powersoft X8, T604 and Quattrocanali 4804 all in real world situations, day in, day out.

Having previously owned 23x K8's that got to 10 years old and still seemed to have life in them,  I have very little to complain about of Powersofts products. 

I'll let somebody else answer Viktors ramblings, I'm a a bit busy actually being out using the products in the real world. 
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2019 at 1:32pm
The K series are very different, we have some of K10 and K20 (also Martin's own version for subs)
K10 can deliver much serious average rates when required (K10 better than 1:2 while the X4 is 1:10 or so).
It is still NOT perfect, I know that not everyone happy with Powersoft's sound quality but +3.. +6dB more what X4 can do.
Sure there are some trajectory on the speaker market too that you can get very very famous brand's top line array or highend boxes for really lot of money while they are completely scrap, can not deliver demanding tones.. power and SPL ratings are inflated: these are a perfect match to X4 :-D

Edited by U.Viktor - 19 January 2019 at 1:33pm
Shelfstacker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelfstacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2019 at 8:54pm
Sorry mate, I have no idea what you are on about.  I was talking more of reliability of the K series, rather than brute output.  They lasted 10 years, I'm happy.  I hope the new stuff last 10 years.

The new kit does more than we ask of it, not sure what you are slagging them off for, they work really really well for us and many other people.  Good luck with whatever it is you use.

U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2019 at 9:16pm
2008: POWERSOFT
2018: POWERSOFT

This is the problem. They went to a direction of covering cheap hardware by
fancy software tricks. Behringer is on the exactly same path and now they own LabGruppen :-(

Edited by U.Viktor - 19 January 2019 at 9:16pm
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2019 at 11:14pm

2008: POWERSOFT
2018: POWERSOFT

This is the problem. They went to a direction of covering cheap hardware by
fancy software tricks. Behringer is on the exactly same path and now they own LabGruppen :-(

LOL What are you on about? Comparing powersoft to Behringer...

Powersoft are now providing efficient products for real world applications.
X series is aimed at the touring market, where reliability and functionality is high on the list. Not outright bass and maximum spl - although they do a pretty convincing job.

The t series aimed at more mid level applications - small systems, monitors, delays, infills, etc.
Not for 4 sub per channel, bass monsters. That’s where k series still dominates.

Behringer products on the other hand is aimed at mass user market. Affordable gear with loads of features.
Nothing wrong with that, a place for both in the world.

Not sure if your affiliation with them but I’ve got to admit I was ready to part with cash for some pkn last year as heard good things vs affordability, however I was really put off by your touting of the brand and belittling others so decided to demo the others first.
Glad I did as ended up purchasing a stacks of x series after great real world results... and even more this week.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>