FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12 line array cab plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12 line array cab plan
    Posted: 03 February 2019 at 6:22pm
There is nothing in those links...
Can you somehow export the data?
More accurate: is all data encrypted? Or it depends on speakerLab file creator?
Can you reopen file in speakerLab and get the directivity data?

Do you even know how accurate is the data supplied? You were asking about smoothing... so there is no way to find out?
I appreciate every like :)) https//www.facebook.com/genomesoundsystems
Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/gen-ome/
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2019 at 2:13pm
It would have taken you two seconds to Google:
http://ease.afmg.eu/index.php/gll-loudspeaker-format.html
http://ease.afmg.eu/index.php/compare-loudspeaker-formats.html

How the data is derived is down to the manufacturer and the lab that generates the files. The big guys do it in-house, other people use University labs or places like Four Audio. They use EASE SpeakerLab to generate and adjust the data set:
http://ease.afmg.eu/index.php/ea_sl_features.html

Tons of screenshots of the processes there. You also enter the Maximum Input Voltage of the box to truly show it's SPL capability. Often this is done using a CEA shaped noise that replicates music, but I would wager many people will move to Meyer's new M-Noise now that it's available - depending on how they find the results.

Of course, it allows you to change the filtering or preset loaded per box, if the manufacturer supports that and it is part of the design. EASE also models the cabinet, to an extent. A line array does insert vertices and faces, for the layout of the cabinet, with the materials selected and absorption coefficient data for those known.

EASE is hardly unknown or new software, it's not super modern in interface but the maths is very sound.
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2019 at 9:20am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

EASE is relatively old software but I’m not sure you understand what I mean by data - it’s a full 3D balloon, in 1 degree increments, of magnitude, phase, IR etc all taken in an anechoic or semi-anechoic environment.

Can you export this directivity data? Or can you find this data directly?
Doesnt matter if Amplitude,phase or real, imaginary, leveldb phase...

And btw is it the same directivity data for every box? Or depending on a place in a stack?
I appreciate every like :)) https//www.facebook.com/genomesoundsystems
Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/gen-ome/
godathunder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by madboffin madboffin wrote:

The usual method of arraying, believe it or not, was "chequerboarding" the high and low boxes.

exactly the same info I got from electrotec about how they used to array the old labq boxes

LOUDER THAN LOUD
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 6:08pm
I'm curious now if this theoretical MT4 GLL data would include the absorption coefficient for the carpet on the sides of the box or not...
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by madboffin madboffin wrote:

Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

What about the MT4? Can you get the data for those? I´d love to see what they look like!  Smile

ROFL.

The usual method of arraying, believe it or not, was "chequerboarding" the high and low boxes.

We all like to complain about the deficiencies of line arrays, but these youngsters don't know what they are missing...

Yes - I´ve worked a lot with the system and done everything from simple single stack a side setups to large arenas. And depending on the gig, we would take up to 3 MTL-4 cabinets per MTH-4!  LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 12:40am
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

What about the MT4? Can you get the data for those? I´d love to see what they look like!  Smile

ROFL.

And how about the Clair S4, in the usual rectangular festival stack?

We all like to complain about the deficiencies of line arrays, but these youngsters don't know what they are missing...

The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 9:22pm
EASE is relatively old software but I’m not sure you understand what I mean by data - it’s a full 3D balloon, in 1 degree increments, of magnitude, phase, IR etc all taken in an anechoic or semi-anechoic environment.

It costs a good chunk of cash to have the data measured using say a Four Audio ELF, and then a license fee to generate the data into an EASE compatible file. Old stuff simply won’t exist, it wasn’t really considered by most then. Line array software and other boxes from more data based companies is yet another reason why these companies began to dominate, alongside the training programs. It’s not just about the speaker itself.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 6:57pm

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by fatfreddiescat fatfreddiescat wrote:

Martin MLA?

Well, I can do it, but it’s not really indicative of that system in ‘real world use’. You could argue the same with GSL I guess, but ArrayProcessing isn’t integral to the box operation, it’s just an extra feature.

I guess not comparable,  thought it may be of interest as seems to take a quite different approach to other line arrays. Would be nice to see how the old flashlight would hold up, really can't see there will ever be any files available to play with though.
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Lad Lad wrote:

Any Funktion One? Vero or EVO7.. Or old school array of Flashlights.

I would, gladly, if they ever published any useful data

EVO GLL do exist, I’m just waiting for someone to slip me a set of files without getting in trouble with the farm. They keep them very close to their chest, same for Vero aiming software which people have explicitly been told not to share with me, apparently...

Which is a shame, since it’s one of the three or four big point source systems out there and we’re somewhat singing from the same hymn sheet.

Edited by toastyghost - 29 January 2019 at 2:32pm
Lad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 7:51am
Any Funktion One? Vero or EVO7.. Or old school array of Flashlights.
with regards, Ladislav
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>