Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12 line array cab plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by efinque efinque wrote:

Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

The training and deployment is what makes a line array work.

Probably.. but I've yet to see a world-renowned engineer setting up an off-the-shelf array (and being world-renowned for doing so). What I mean by this is that they most likely designed and built the rig from scratch.

What??????

Name one world class engineer you've watched setting up their own design and built line array?

"Ive yet to" makes it sounds like you watch it every Tuesday.  
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by efinque efinque wrote:

The training and deployment is what makes a line array work.

Probably.. but I've yet to see a world-renowned engineer setting up an off-the-shelf array (and being world-renowned for doing so). What I mean by this is that they most likely designed and built the rig from scratch.
Holy god, a new milestone.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 6:15pm
I did not think it could get any worse but obviously there is no end in sight for his constant idiotic posts---I think it will only end if Ian(jbl man) gets involved with his big baseball bat.

Edited by Robbo - 04 January 2019 at 6:17pm
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 6:22pm
It appears that he has a constant need to be noticed and/or validate himself, and to comment on everything that he reads in these forums whether he has experience of the subject or not.

Rather like AOLers 30 years ago LOL

If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by BJtheDJ BJtheDJ wrote:

It appears that he has a constant need to be noticed and/or validate himself,

And how exactly is that different that what you and the others are doing? So what if the guy doesn't have a lot of experience, be an adult and just ignore his posts if it's that big a deal to you.
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Conanski Conanski wrote:

Originally posted by BJtheDJ BJtheDJ wrote:

It appears that he has a constant need to be noticed and/or validate himself,

And how exactly is that different that what you and the others are doing? So what if the guy doesn't have a lot of experience, be an adult and just ignore his posts if it's that big a deal to you.
I dont think anyone else posts for a need to be noticed, what concerns me is a newbie taking some advice from him and causing damage to his kit or himself, then that would be a big deal.
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 6:53pm

I didn’t claim there’s magic DSP -
Neither did I.. I said the magic happens with the DSP, yes you can build speakers and not use DSP but it'll be a crude noisemaker compared to one that has custom processing applied.
Racks&Stacks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racks&Stacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 7:07pm

Neither did I.. I said the magic happens with the DSP, yes you can build speakers and not use DSP but it'll be a crude noisemaker compared to one that has custom processing applied.

you dont need dsp for processing to be custom
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 7:11pm

But it really doesn’t. The exact same tools are used in point source systems, every day.

The ‘magic’ if you want to call it that was their insistence on training people before you could buy it, as well as reducing truck packs. Simple as that.
rayrainx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayrainx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 8:21pm
there is a detail sample plan for the LA112 I just want to know if the box plans are good enough for a starting point..some guys here are making it sound like the line arrays fell down from space..am interested in getting the cabinet part of things right first.
rayrainx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayrainx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 8:32pm
the theory behind line arrays are very simple and straightforward to me..any one can actually make them..if the sample plan for the LA112 provided in the website is typical to a line array box and will work well with the recommended drivers and couple with the design for the wave guide, then.it means a great deal to me...some body must have ripped open a line array cab in the past and modelled it right?
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by rayrainx rayrainx wrote:

the theory behind line arrays are very simple and straightforward to me..any one can actually make them..if the sample plan for the LA112 provided in the website is typical to a line array box and will work well with the recommended drivers and couple with the design for the wave guide, then.it means a great deal to me...some body must have ripped open a line array cab in the past and modelled it right?

It is not good, it will not work and it will sound shit. Stop thinking about it and find something what actually works.

I'm not going to spend my evening writing here what is wrong with it, so i'll just say it in shortest possible form: Everything.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>