Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kick Bin Design Idea B&C 15ndl76

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2019 at 2:17am
luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2019 at 3:06am
Turn's out I have 38.9 L to remove volume wise from my chamber, which is a massive waste of space! 

If I was to fill the chamber I would need to fill this amount! 

luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2019 at 3:18am
With the MR8XT roughly modelled to check for clearance. Planing on putting my the 1" comp in the horn mouth.

luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2019 at 10:03pm
So I have been playing around with the horn a fair bit and it's certainly been challenging.

Here's a few pictures of the different iterations of the cabinet, last one being most recent.

luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2019 at 10:04pm
Still need to reduce the volume of the rear chamber to 17L. 
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2019 at 4:44am
Why?
luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2019 at 8:52am
When I increase the chamber size my frequency response graph become very logarithmic, with big peaks and dips. By keeping the chamber to 17l it allows me to have a lower HPF and higher LPF. 

As a plus it also seems to control the excursion. 
FrederikMA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrederikMA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2019 at 3:51pm
Have you changed your hornresp values upon realizing what the directivity does to your response? As I understand, you are having problems trying to reduce front chamber volume to maintain high frequency extension, while the directivity response indicates too much high frequency energy?
FrederikMA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrederikMA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2019 at 3:57pm
The perfectly rigid boundery condition in hornresp can cause unrealistic peaks. If the rear volume affects your response in a weird way, try moddeling it with stuffing (lined).
luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2019 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by FrederikMA FrederikMA wrote:

The perfectly rigid boundery condition in hornresp can cause unrealistic peaks. If the rear volume affects your response in a weird way, try moddeling it with stuffing (lined).

Thanks for the tips! I'm now able to get the same response on axis with 20mm of lining at an FR of 4000, I do have a 4-5db peak off axis between 10-30 degrees between 200hz and 500hz. 

Not sure If this needs to be resolved or not?
luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2019 at 10:47pm
My most recent attempt, 8 litre chamber plus 2.5l for the volume of the driver. 

luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2019 at 10:50pm
Unfortunately the small chamber is causing some serious displacement issues.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>