Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kick Bin Design Idea B&C 15ndl76

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 2:07pm
Other slightly nutty idea is a massive phase plug in the vrc. something like this 
JulianDA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulianDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 2:26pm
To my knowledge your frontchamber ends at the place of smallest area inside your hornpath. So the blue part seems correct. But is there a special reason to have it angled like you did? i always simulate to the smallest point, so for me it would end in a straight horizontal line.
Oh and sorry for not replying after you posted your Hornresp input. I did simulate it myself, but then i forgot to answer in time LOL
luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 2:32pm
It doesn't fit any other way I've tried! it's a trapezoidal cab which makes everything difficult!

It's got a 20 degree splay angle so unless I make it wider I cant move the driver angle the driver any more or lower down it down.

Hopefully this picture helps to explain it.

JulianDA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulianDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by luthier luthier wrote:

Hoping to be able to conisder all of the blue section as my VRC and not yet part of my horn path.

I mean the blue part in this picture. The angle of the end of the frontchamber doesnt make sense to me. I would mark the end horizontal to the back of the cab at the smallest point (so it gets a little bit bigger)
luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 8:23pm
So I have spent a little while changing the chamber around and this seems to work a little better, the chamber is now 21.4 % smaller, however it's still not small enough for the bandwidth extension I want. 

Edited by luthier - 02 February 2019 at 8:23pm
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 8:34pm
Could you not flip the driver, face it against a baffle board with a slot forming the throat, the chamber would then become little more than that of cone, if you search for martin 215 mkIII you will see what I'm refering to, you would have a near 180 degree bend but may work, wouldn't be hard to build a non trap box to test the concept.
luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 8:49pm
Looks like I  might finally have a design now, If I put my 20 degree off-axis plot on top of my on-axis plot this is what I get.  

Plan is to cross 90 -360hz to the Mr8xt which will cross 340-2500hz then CD10fe/sth100 to 20khz. Should be around 140db +/- 3db spl continuous at full power.

I imagine I will need a bit of +3db eq between 330 -400hz and 120 - 150 hz.

Next step for me is to look into the issue of wave cancellation in the horn mouth.

Edited by luthier - 02 February 2019 at 8:52pm
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 8:55pm
Cool, look forward to seeing the results, for some reason I thought you using Inventor as was going to ask if you could a a screen capture vid on the drawing process, will get there eventually.
luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 9:44pm
I can do a capture video of modelling in Solidworks if you want? 
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 9:56pm
That's a very kind offer, I could possibly ask my son to look it over with me as he has some experience with both solidworks and inventor although we only have inventor available to us at the moment, he should be able to help me translate the process into inventor.
luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 10:05pm
I can get a 30 day free trial of inventor, I'm happy to have a go and post a video of cab design once I've got my head around it.

I'll probably stick it in another seperate thread on speakerplans.

Edited by luthier - 02 February 2019 at 10:06pm
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 10:28pm
That would be brilliant and should be useful to all, thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>