Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kick Bin Design Idea B&C 15ndl76

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2019 at 11:51pm
Little more progress on the horn path to improve the LPF & linearity of the response.

luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2019 at 11:52pm
Front chamber is now down to 16L and the s2 and s3 have increased a fair bit.
luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2019 at 11:59pm
Here's the 2pi in case anyone is interested, I wish it looked this good in 4pi! 

(not too bad for just over 125L, I don't think)

Edited by luthier - 04 February 2019 at 12:00am
shello79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shello79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2019 at 12:46am
any progress on this idea

Work hard play even harder
luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2019 at 11:30pm
No big progress yet, I've been working a lot recently and havn't had much energy. 

I'm increasing the throat size to reduce the compression ratio, I'm also moving away from the porting. My thoughts being if I can't get the results I want with a sealed chamber there is nothing stoping me adding them at a later date. 

Removing the ports has a few noticable implications it increases output above 130hz and causes it to drop drastically below 120hz. To increase output in the lower region I have to reduce the chamber volume to 40L. 

Interestingly if I model the horn as a single section (without ports) the off axis response is relativley smooth and very sensitive. 

RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2019 at 10:21pm
Thumbs Up Interesting design/build to follow!

Have you tried sim'ing the Beyma 15LW30 in it?
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2019 at 8:17pm
Hi Luthier, just found this again, I was meaning to post it a while back but couldn't find it,
luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 8:58am
Originally posted by RoadRunnersDust RoadRunnersDust wrote:

Thumbs Up Interesting design/build to follow!
Have you tried sim'ing the Beyma 15LW30 in it?

Thanks! 

I did try it in the ported  version. Here's the Beyma (grey) vs the 15ndl76 (black)

Edited by luthier - 15 March 2019 at 9:00am
luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 10:38am
Thanks for that, It was a really informative read!
luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 11:32am
Originally posted by fatfreddiescat fatfreddiescat wrote:

Hi Luthier, just found this again, I was meaning to post it a while back but couldn't find it,

Thanks for that, It was a really informative read!

luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 11:13pm
So before the big update on the project here's a screen grab from solidworks; you can see a couple of fouling issues but this is pretty much the final layout for prototyping. 

Edited by luthier - 01 April 2019 at 11:14pm
luthier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luthier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 11:35pm
So here's the big update! 

I've CNC routed both side panels for one cabinet, but it didn't come out all that great. The software native to the router is bit of a pig and doesn't like working with STL files. For good results I wanted to use combination milling but the tool paths were ridiculous (it would have taken over 3 hours per side) so I ended up using Z-axis milling. This worked but meant the pieces needed a bit of fettling so I cracked out my hand planes as It’s much quicker for me than the router table.   

On a side note the cutter was also really blunt which left some less than desirable results.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>