Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12" quad reflex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12" quad reflex
    Posted: 10 January 2019 at 2:18pm
I have two 12" quad reflex bins. One is loaded with rig 12p300's. I thinking this would be better for low mid. Any suggestions on 12" drivers that would be good for sub for the other bin? It's about 340l.

Many thanks
the midtops!
munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 2:18pm
The cheaper the better as well tbh. I don't want to be putting too much money into it
the midtops!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 8:17pm
Buy a ton of the Thomann 12w woofers... I've built a few bass cabs using these and got quite a good sound. About £50each and 280w. So for in a cab will be wired to over 1000w of handling at 8ohms.

But don't try to push the sub out, let it roll off naturally or you'll just burn them out.

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by efinque efinque wrote:

Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

Buy a ton of the Thomann 12w woofers... I've built a few bass cabs using these and got quite a good sound. About £50each and 280w. So for in a cab will be wired to over 1000w of handling at 8ohms.

The T.Box? I remember reading to avoid them.

But they are very appealing price-wise.

Why would you buy the T.Box if you need drivers to load into a cab?

These are most probably what mini-mad is describing https://www.thomann.de/gb/the_box_speaker_12_280_8_w.htm ;
munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 9:28pm
I'm not sure they'll produce the level of bass I'm looking for. I'm tempted by

Or

The sovereign is appealing for its price and looks like it could be alright. The colossus would be better. But is it worth the extra money for the extra output.

The rcf seems some where inbetween but also slightly more than I would like to pay.

I'm also unsure weather to just have both cabs filled with the same drivers and at the same frequencies.  I have no information on the cabs.  Maybe have all 8 drivers running up to 120-150 ish to meet the tops.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll try and find more info on the thommann drivers

the midtops!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 9:53pm
Level? I have a duel 12 reflex sub loaded with a pair of these doing house music every weekend in a bar and the DJ is relentless... these play very well for a loud bar as a pair. 2x cabs loaded with 4 each would play very nicely. And at less then half the price of 2 you have suggested I would be very surprised if you could hear over £200 difference per cab. As a budget loaded cab you won't go wrong. 

They are super cheap... no harm in loading one cab up and hearing them for yourself. As budget go they arnt half bad

Edited by mini-mad - 10 January 2019 at 9:54pm
munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 11:18pm
True. Cheers. How low is your hpf in your cabs.
the midtops!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by munkey munkey wrote:

True. Cheers. How low is your hpf in your cabs.
40hz on a 48db slope 
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 11:32pm
Pretty nice Xmax for such a cheap driver Smile
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

Pretty nice Xmax for such a cheap driver Smile
I bought a few to.play with... for a cheap driver they aren't to shabby.
munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 11:36pm
Is there a block user option on here?
the midtops!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 11:44pm
Never tried to... wouldn't know
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>