Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12" quad reflex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 11:49pm
Maybe it's needed. I'm tired of his posts
the midtops!
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 7:45am
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

Pretty nice Xmax for such a cheap driverĀ Smile

Yeah, 2,5 mm isnt much. Otoh it has 20 BL, and can go flat to 35 hz in a ~75 l enclosure. A pair in 150 l can hit 30 hz at 110 db with 100 watts
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 9:08am
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

Yeah, 2,5 mm isnt much. Otoh it has 20 BL, and can go flat to 35 hz in a ~75 l enclosure. A pair in 150 l can hit 30 hz at 110 db with 100 watts

Where do you get 2.5mm from? I get (19-8)/2+(8/4)= 7.5mm

EDIT: I already see it, you were talking about the 12-280W and I was talking about the 12-280A.

Edited by smitske96 - 14 January 2019 at 9:15am
munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 10:26am
Such would perform best then? The a or w?
the midtops!
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 10:42am
Originally posted by munkey munkey wrote:

TS parameters are available for download. You could easily simulate and play around with both drivers in winisd

Edit: And most importantly, you need to define what is the requirement for "best" in your opinion

Edited by bob4 - 14 January 2019 at 10:50am
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 11:38am
Over here they are branded as the classic pro from soundhouse. I have 6 of them They take an absolute beating. Forget the ts just turn them up to max and watch the cones. Great to watch, how they don't break I have no idear. I run a xti4000 two a side so a possible 1200w. To clip all night and into the morning. Now getting on for 5 yrs old. Just don't try and put midrange through them it's painfully bad.
I always wonderd why they have the inverted dust cap. Phase bung? Or an emmy LA copy.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 11:42am
If going for the thomann drivers, definately the 12-280A more then double the Xmax.

doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 11:53am
Sorry I just thought about it. I have had them loaded in a mth30 Marco's one. They are really happy in a horn. Recently I put them into the dual twelve reflex boxes Art Welters one. I just wanted to see how they would fair. Very badly. Unusable. So what I am saying is Reflex I don't know. Horn OK. Just my experience. The part numbers here start lbu so not sure which is which. Sorry to confuse.
munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

Originally posted by munkey munkey wrote:

TS parameters are available for download. You could easily simulate and play around with both drivers in winisd

Edit: And most importantly, you need to define what is the requirement for "best" in your opinion

I would if I knew how.

Dropping low and spl are what I'm looking for. Bang for buck really. It's just going to get used for small outdoor gatherings.
the midtops!
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 4:21pm
Dropping low and producing enough SPL require enough Xmax. Do you have any more specs of the current boxes? 
Volume, tuning and also important how is it constructed? Sometimes the driver even won't fit in the box due to the construction.
munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 4:42pm
I have no specs and can't find them anywhere on the net. If I ever have time, I'll try and lean winisp and  measure the cab properly rather than roughly guessing the volume by memory

Edited by munkey - 14 January 2019 at 4:42pm
the midtops!
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 4:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12