Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Qsc rmx 2450

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Qsc rmx 2450
    Posted: 11 January 2019 at 7:53am
Have any of you guys driven these hard at 2ohm, they are cheap enough for a small project we are working on but I've never used one so your opinions would be good, cheers.

Edited by concept-10 - 11 January 2019 at 8:40am
Fracture_clinic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fracture_clinic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

Have any of you guys driven these hard at 2ohm, they are cheap enough for a small project we are working on but I've never used one so your opinions would be good, cheers.

Drove mine hard at 4 ohm bridge, you can tell the amp has less control over the cone and hear the increased distortion (bass).

Never drove them hard 2ohm stereo so can't say. Would be interested to find out myself. What are you planning to run off them?
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 3:46pm
I would say no. Depending on what you mean by "hard".

Great amp, have 4 myself, but I would not go below 4 Ohm per channel stereo, but I am a pussy.

Bridged into 8, no worries. Bridged into 4, carefully, maybe. Stereo into 2 same.

RMX1850HD is basically the 2450, but designed for 2 ohm/bridged into 4 operation. If QSC went to the effort of tweaking the normal 2450, and turning it into the 1850HD, tells you everything you need to know.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
Fracture_clinic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fracture_clinic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

I would say no. Depending on what you mean by "hard".

Great amp, have 4 myself, but I would not go below 4 Ohm per channel stereo, but I am a pussy.

Bridged into 8, no worries. Bridged into 4, carefully, maybe. Stereo into 2 same.

RMX1850HD is basically the 2450, but designed for 2 ohm/bridged into 4 operation. If QSC went to the effort of tweaking the normal 2450, and turning it into the 1850HD, tells you everything you need to know.

Of course! I forgot all about the 1850HD. Trying to get my hands on a 4050HD actually so I should have known!

When I say hard I mean two 1kw drivers trying to get everything I could out, how hard that is, who knows. Far from ideal, I stick to 8r bridge unless I really can't.
rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 4:41pm
have bridged an 1850hd into 2 kappa 15's playing 40-100hz and its a fairly decent output. Now do the same playing 100-180hz with solid results
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 6:03pm
We have developed some very small high impact bins, 40 to 100 ish, all development work was done with our Crest ca9s, so obviously  ca9s are the answer, however they are getting rare and old so the rmx may do the job 4ohm bridged into each cab, I've never used them but QSC do seem to be quite honest with their specs, the bins are very sensitive so do not need massive amounts of power to make some noise, I'll  buy a used one and give it a go, cheers guys Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply