Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Subs to go with F218 mk2s?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Subs to go with F218 mk2s?
    Posted: 12 January 2019 at 12:42am
I have 4 of these cabs. I recently threw in some 9601's and was amazed at the output, even more surprised at how low they 'seem' to go. Trying to make two stacks out of them. So, question is what should I put under them for best results? Double 21 reflexes? 21" hog hybrid type cab and run them as sub and run the f218 as bass? or another f218 and just hpf at 45 htz?
Thanks in advance
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 12:52am
like this? or with subs?
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 10:53am
A funktion one owner who I know, uses one infra bass and two f218 per side, with two res 4 on top, and has found this to be the best combination for him.

He used to have the infra horns as well but sold them because they were too bulky to store and transport.
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 10:57am
Originally posted by APC321 APC321 wrote:

A funktion one owner who I know, uses one infra bass and two f218 per side, with two res 4 on top, and has found this to be the best combination for him.

He used to have the infra horns as well but sold them because they were too bulky to store and transport.

Out of curiosity what sized shows is he able to do with that? Does it work well outdoors?
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 11:11am
RealitySound:
The question is, do you need any lower than 45Hz? Because if not, surely just using more F218 is the best way.
If you feel you need further low end extension, be prepared to spend SERIOUS money. Reflex would be my choice for 25-50 Hz.
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 11:28am
Large marquee, 10m x 25m maybe (no.of people high hundreds?).

He has used it at outdoor events too, and gets re-booked.
re-production View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote re-production Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 12:34pm
Infrabass is the cabinet designed to work underneath F218, it is the same size and funktion one will help you with processor settings.
For the narrow response you want they will be more efficient than reflex. One infra per 2 218 seems to be the right ratio.

dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 12:41pm
If you’re deploying a Funktion One system,then using a recommended configuration makes a lot of sense.
I’d be hunting for some infras... or just more F218’s.
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 12:41pm
can anyone show any response plots of the infra bass? because i doubt they go anywhere near 30Hz and i doubt they are even remotely efficient enough to match the output of only one f218.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by dylan-penguinmedia dylan-penguinmedia wrote:

If you’re deploying a Funktion One system,then using a recommended configuration makes a lot of sense.

They recommend using F221 with BR132 for smaller spaces so no reason why the F218 wouldn’t work great with a 21” reflex tuned low, so long as you align it right
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 1:02pm

This. Also if you deploy subs correctly rather than just piling them up you’d be surprised how low and how much you can achieve.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by boots-hifi boots-hifi wrote:

This. Also if you deploy subs correctly rather than just piling them up you’d be surprised how low and how much you can achieve.

No size pile of F218 will gain more than say 4-5Hz extension over a single cabinet. You will however get forward directivity.

The trick with any sub is to EQ down the peak at the upper end of response if you want people to think it plays deeper.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>