FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saturn 16 - 4 x 4200W - Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saturn 16 - 4 x 4200W - Discussion
    Posted: 14 June 2020 at 1:09pm
Sorry,  the Saturn series is all sold out apart from a few 16s,  i plan to do another batch but freight is currently about 3x what i normally pay so im holding off for now,  i do have some of the new Jupiter series 1U amps in stock,  there is a datasheet with various power tests at http://www.soundgear.co.uk/images/SoundgearJupiterSeries.pdf

James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
swind0wn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swind0wn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 12:22pm
Any updates?
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2020 at 2:56pm
Is there any feedback regarding reliability?

For a new project I am looking for a 4 channel amp, used power soft x4 is also on the list, but is much more expensive then a saturn 16 with nice a DSP. 
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2020 at 6:52pm
So,any update on measurements,its been long time
http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 3:23pm
I'm looking for something to replace my current Itech 8000 (which is still in repair Unhappy).
These look interesting, but how is the reliability until now?

I know you can't expect powersoft k series quality, but using these with 2 channels sub, 2 channels mid/high they probably can produce some noise.
Sound Chippy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sound Chippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2019 at 6:10pm
Thanks for taking the time to respond with your concise and for good reason cautious answers, James. I look forward to your following update. much respect from down south.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2019 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Chris Grimshaw Chris Grimshaw wrote:

Originally posted by Timebomb Timebomb wrote:

Will update with new measurements hopefully in the next couple of weeks :)

Watching with interest. I mostly do live bands where they'll want 4-8 monitor mixes. Couple of these would be great, and the DSP would be the icing on the cake.
Interested to see about the DSP capabilities, too. A little more grunt for the subs would be nice.

Chris

They fit perfectly for monitor duty.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Chris Grimshaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Grimshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2019 at 9:35am

Watching with interest. I mostly do live bands where they'll want 4-8 monitor mixes. Couple of these would be great, and the DSP would be the icing on the cake.
Interested to see about the DSP capabilities, too. A little more grunt for the subs would be nice.

Chris
Quality sound from Sheffield
www.grimshawaudio.com
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2019 at 10:21pm
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
redngold77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redngold77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2019 at 8:09pm

Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Sorry but this always sounds to me like the million questions i get all the time and they are pretty much the same. Which driver you use in that box? And which 12 inch driver? 
Jesus, are you buying a loudspeaker box or components? 
These amps might not be a Powersoft, but they also cost a fraction of the Powersoft cost.
For that cost, they are what they are.

I feel you Marjan,  i have the same issue, some people seem to think all manufactures do is throw a load of components in boxs, rather than carefully test and evaluate components too find what is optimal in a given application.  People tend to have lot of bias towards one component manufacturer over another, often because they have liked a product that had that manufacturers components in,  so therefor wrongly assume that said manufacturers components are better for everything in all designs and applications, it is simply not the case.  I have customers tell me i should use x/y/z brand of drivers over what i have tested and concluded to me optimum, just because they think that brand X is "better",  it is much more about individual components and applications than brands... but people often dont get it...

Regarding manufacturers of Lab G copys/clones in China giving out component lists and schematics, yes there are many that will do this as there are 100s of factory's making these clones and the circuits are all 90-95% the same anyway, they have no real intellectual property to protect, It is different when the amplifiers you are referring to are not copys/clones, as those 100s of factorys are waiting to copy the next thing, but as it was asked the Saturn 16 output stages use 4 x IRFP4768 MOSFETs, all components are from reputable manufacturers and are well suited to there applications.

My issue with this is that it is a public forum where people will often make spurious comments about the suitability of components, design choices, performance claims etc without really understanding what they are talking about, and having no direct experience of the component / design / application involved, so consequently they are spreading miss information, weather it be deliberate or accidental, and this does directly impact on manufacturers reputation and sales, which is a shame.  There will always be a grey area between opinion and fact, i will publish more measurements of the Saturn series soon so hopefully that will make things clearer for people :)

Cheers.

James        

Looking forward to seeing some measurements :)

Did you do any long-term testing of the amps before taking them on? If so, can you give us any details? power output/duration/impedance
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2019 at 10:57am
Considering many of the self proclaimed experts here don’t appear to understand or bother to look at the impedance curve of their boxes at low and high current use, nor respect the relationship that voltage, current and impedance has, I think it’s a given that the vast majority of comments on limiters, amps, power, and even frequency response of a given box are taken with a large pinch of salt unless they’re accompanied by verifiable measurements.
suiluj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suiluj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2019 at 10:51am
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by suiluj suiluj wrote:

Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Which amp is this?

Taken almost 5 years ago wayback 2014. Older PSU same as Lab G power supply. 
Timebomb said that the PSU has been updated. 
I am not sure if the amplifier module is also updated. 
The old version has a total of 8 devices per channel. See pic below.

Thanks.

What make/model where the devices?

BooM BASSTIK EleCtronics and Communications Engineer
Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>