Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - es18? Martin 215 mk2,mk3? mkb-230? 1850? 186? Arr!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

es18? Martin 215 mk2,mk3? mkb-230? 1850? 186? Arr!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 5:30am
Any news Jay?
Motion54 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motion54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:04am
I have 4x F2B’s I’ve had refurbished to an immaculate condition that I am going to let go off, sadly.

I am very impressed with their sound for such low powered drivers.
Jay michali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay michali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:05pm
A little update.  First pair of Othorn's are complete and had their debut last Friday.  A second pair of 21sw152's have been ordered.  Friday we ran the Othorns under 4 of my RCF4Pro4001 tops. I have the luxury of leaving the gear set up in our studio which has been a blessing. It took me and a buddy about 3 nights of learning how to use REW to get the time and phase alignment figured out properly.  Music was more bass oriented so I left the Martin 115's out of the mix for this one.  Initial impressions are very positive, the tone out of the Othorn's are unlike anything I've personally heard. Very deep, clean and precise. I kept using the word subterranean to describe the sound.  Our studio has a professional dance sprung raised dance floor that I find muddies the bass a bit with its natural reverberation with my front loaded RCF subs.  With the Othorn's this wasn't the case, the bass felt tight and clean and very intelligible.  On really low frequencies you could feel the floor flex like waves on the ocean under foot... really cool feeling.   Our main act played some 120-130ish Bpm techno/bass hybrid stuff that I find is difficult to reproduce faithfully unless the system is really tight... A recent mix of his for example

The Othorn's did admirably, lots of subtle detail and melodies in the bass frequencies were well defined with impressive impact, it was all smiles on the dancefloor

I now need to convince some mates to help me load the 115's upstairs into the studio (spiral staircase lol)  Our next event is in a couple weeks so will be spending some weeknight getting it all dialed in, will update.  Thanks again for all the help in this thread.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay michali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:10pm

Edited by Jay michali - 22 May 2019 at 4:13pm
Ricci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Jay michali Jay michali wrote:

A little update.  First pair of Othorn's are complete and had their debut last Friday. 
 it was all smiles on the dancefloor

I'm glad you like them Jay. Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay michali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 7:12pm
Yeah man, what a sound out of those things!  We have nothing but front loaded singles and doubles in this city so to hear something so clean and free of distortion is a real treat.  And thanks to Toastyghost for some of the links and info shared around time and phase alignment.  Thankfully I can leave my gear set up, took me and a buddy a few long nights of figuring out REW to get things dialed in, but when we did things sounded crisp!
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 9:53pm

Yeah man, what a sound out of those things!  We have nothing but front loaded singles and doubles in this city so to hear something so clean and free of distortion is a real treat.  And thanks to Toastyghost for some of the links and info shared around time and phase alignment.  Thankfully I can leave my gear set up, took me and a buddy a few long nights of figuring out REW to get things dialed in, but when we did things sounded crisp!

No problem, glad it was worth the effort! So long as you did it with the grilles lined up on the same plane you shouldn’t need to revisit it unless you separate the tops and subs in future
BP1Fanatic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BP1Fanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2019 at 4:38pm

A little update.  First pair of Othorn's are complete and had their debut last Friday. 
It was all smiles on the dancefloor

NICE system!
tthorsten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tthorsten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 9:30am
Hey we just bought 6 Martin Audio Bin 2x15" version -

we want to reload them with a modern driver.

Which one to choose

Oberton 15B450

18sound 15W700 15W750

B&C 15

we want to use them from  60 to 250hz

under 60 there will be this new  thomann 2x12 Hornbassbins

Above we think of Martin Rasierer or this 1x12 Hornloaded BR

or this EV 1x15 horn with BR n the edges i dont know the name right now.

abouve that  2" perhaps BMS 4590 or old Beyma CP800 or JBL 2246 on 2" EV Horn  with 2" Lenses -

abouve that  6x Beyma CP22 or CP21 as an array 

All the thop boxes in 85cm wide  to fit each other and the Martin Bins.

Drive perhaps Analog with BSS or this old school JBL or other Crossovers.

Amps perhaps  a bunch of these ramsa or thomann TSA 4 1300  perhaps with DCX .

thanks for help
www.tb-audio.de

LEVELchek www.levelcheck.de
SPL tracking

SATlive www.satlive.audio
best Measurementsoftware for Live People

DBlimits
www.dblimits.com

Isemcon EMX7510 measurment Microphon

bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 3:25pm
Wrong thread my man......  kind of offtopic.

Maybe more luck in the f2b thread ?

And compliments to Jay, didnt see your reports, always nice to see results on here!!!
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 8:41pm
Probably best to start a new thread, or maybe ask the mods to split your message off and do it for you.

What Martin 215 bins do you have? There were several different types.

The razor midrange box is usually known as a "Philishave" although the official name was originally MH212, later versions were M600. The early single driver version, commonly called a "Ladyshave" was the MH112 and the later type was the M300.

Edited by madboffin - 08 September 2020 at 8:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234