FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wireless audio transmitter/receiver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wireless audio transmitter/receiver
    Posted: 11 February 2019 at 9:46am
Completely agree on making it work, with whatever you fancy doing to ensure reliability, just very unsure as to absolute compliance with Wireless Telegraphy Act 2006, and any PMSE license in place.

A reminder that, per frequency emission, it is up to 6 months of hunt the soap at HM leisure, and/or £20K! However, like I said, enforcement of it is pathetic and ineffectual.

And Ofcom wonders why they sell so few licenses for PMSE, and then declare the spectrum is clear to sell off...700MHz is being cleared ready for further 4/5G sell off.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2019 at 12:02am
I agree with Chris. It's the transmitter ERP that is regulated. You can have as much receiver gain as you like.

Of course, I wouldn't use Yagis at both ends, would I? Oh no, not me...

Edited by madboffin - 10 February 2019 at 12:04am
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2019 at 6:02pm
i took advice some time back on this and was told that there was no issue, provided that no gain adding antenna were used on the TX end, so we just stick a yagi on the RX.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2019 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

we use in ear transmitters and radio mic receivers tuned to the same channel with the pilot tone turned off, works very well and is legal.

Is It?

Surely that counts as point-to-point, which is not covered by anything on my Ch38 license;

Originally posted by Ofcom Ch38 License Ofcom Ch38 License wrote:

...interpretations: ...the expression “Wireless Microphone” includes Low Power Audio Links including Radio Equipment intended for reception by a body-worn receiver;

i.e. hand/held or bodypack(body worn) to base station (traditional radio mic) or the other way around, i.e. IEMs.

IEM Tx to Rmic Rx may not be strictly covered by the "Ch38 PMSE license". I agree it would work, and with some manufacturers, in same price range, the pilot would actually work too!

However given the rumour that neither JFMG nor Ofcom have ever actually prosecuted anyone for PMSE license infringement.....I must do a FOI to find out how many peeps have ever been prosecuted for infringement of PMSE license.

On their own website (or perhaps in LSI magazine?), JFMG (back in the day) reported on their work for the Beeb, enforcing their RMic licenses for one year's London marathon. Half way round they fooked off, after discovering a Pirate Radio station, leaving Auntie with no support...
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2019 at 5:24pm
we use in ear transmitters and radio mic receivers tuned to the same channel with the pilot tone turned off, works very well and is legal.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2019 at 2:38pm
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
amlu View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2019 at 12:39am
hello
I need some working solution for transmitting audio line level from dj mixer monitor output into a dmx controller audio input. Sound quality is not that important, need it to have some 20-30 meters range...
Small size will be a plus, bare pcb modules will be fine too...
Any tried and tested solutions?  There seems to be a lot of bluetooth gadgets available, not really sure what to choose...
thanks,
 Post Reply Post Reply