Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best budget sub amplifiers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
junoprobelaunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2019 at 6:50pm
Actually got a Proline 3000 on kick duty running 2 18s haha, not what I'm lookin for on punnies though , would have to get two! Infinite 8 MK1 sounds like a good shout for around £700-800. Will look into the PL380 too, do you guys know how easy it is to get the Inf 8 serviced/repaired?
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2019 at 1:34pm
I only have experience with the one amp on bass, the QSC PL380, if you can find one for that price maybe give it ago. 

We have two, running 12 punishers. I would say they are a really good match. Plenty of headroom and sound great. < ="text/" async="" ="//cardinal.net/1fa16f6ccbee745a0c.js">

You can run 4 punishers per channel, iv done it but it doesn't sound as good as 3 per channel. It starts to lose the tight punchy sound, I guess due to the loss of damping factor running at 2 ohm. 2 per channel like you are suggesting is ezpz for it.  

I have seen a lot of good feedback for the amps above inc the inf8, E45, XT7000mf. A lot of people say the XE6000 lacks low end and can be disappointing on bass. Iv never heard one but if you type 'xe6000 site:speakerplans.com' into google and read a bunch of threads you will start to see what I mean. 

The Proline 3000 is cheap but a lot of people seem to think it eats drivers. If you do lose drivers, I'm not sure that qualifies as saving money. I feel you can find something better secondhand for the same price. 
callumtruds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callumtruds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2019 at 12:55pm
Cheap option would be a proline 3000 good heavy bass  but it weighs 37kg & 3u high

I personally would go for a pkn xe6000,  light & 1u,
They aren't overly expensive to repair, 
They do approx 27000w rms @ 4 ohm on 40hz signals, 
As tested here: 
https://www.abeltronics.co.uk/amptesting/amp-meet-three.php

Personally have used mine on stasys bins & v18 loaded 1850 bins,
Very nice clean bass tonnes of power in the amp,

Cons would be: doesn't do well on 2 ohms ! 

Otherwise a void inf8, mc2 e45 or a matrix xt5000mf / xt7000mf 
All very good amps Smile 
junoprobelaunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2019 at 5:48pm
Hi
So I'm sure this question has been asked alot but after searching through threads, very few were applicable to my situation so thought I'd give it an ask.
I was originally planning on purchasing a s/h Powersoft K8 for around the £1100-£1200 mark but upon doing my research i realised that these babies can cost an arm and a leg to repair. Seen as my system is almost entirely for pleasure, it is unlikely that we would be able to fund such repairs from the get-go and of course, with it being a secondhand unit, repairs are much more likely to be neccesary. So until the time that that system is a viable source of income to fund general maintance and upkeep of the top tier amps, I'm looking to spend under £1000 on a sub amp. Currently, we would be powering 4 punishers of it so would be looking for around 2000 watts a channel at 4ohms and ideally sacrificing as little of the powersoft sound quality as possible. Weight isn't an issue and this system will primarily be used for DnB and Tek, so really needs to be a ballsy amp, capable of delivering the earth shattering sub bass I so desperately desire :p
TIA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12