Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best budget sub amplifiers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2019 at 11:42am
Another thing to bear in mind...
When I sold our K3's a year or so ago, the guy buying them asked how many hours were on the clock - and the figure looked really high to me!
 We'd only had them 3 years, and they weren't used a hell of a lot - we don't do a lot of gigs where we set the gain to 11 and smash it for 12 hours; they'd been used pretty gently, barely ticking over. So the hours used doesn't always have a bearing on how much shit they've been through.
For example, 'big screen' hires, doing mainly speech and background audio, left on for 3 weeks constantly - which is much better for the amp than switching it off overnight and letting condensation, dew etc set in, in the early hours. 

Go and have a look at the amp, if it looks clean and well looked after, and doesn't rattle, it probably is.   
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2019 at 3:32pm
I’ve got a QSC PL 6.0 I’d part with for the rite money. Not exactly lightweight but it’s very powerful and sound really good. Happy at 2 ohms as well. PM if you’re interested.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2019 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by boots-hifi boots-hifi wrote:

I’ve got a QSC PL 6.0 I’d part with for the rite money. Not exactly lightweight but it’s very powerful and sound really good. Happy at 2 ohms as well. PM if you’re interested.

boots-hifi: Always teasily selling sought after naughty things, you've always wanted, but can't really afford!!!
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
junoprobelaunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2019 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

I personally feel buying a used amplifier with 100000 hours on it from a company that have cleaned the filters every 1 or 2 shows, serviced, checked bias blah blah. Is better than buying a amp with half the hours from a free party crew where it’s been sat in 6 inches of dust driving a mixture of crap at 00.01 ohm even if it has half the hours.

There is a guy up north somewhere who has loads of butterfly and from my understanding he is swapping all his ex BRP Outline T-Nines for newer powersoft units. I’ll dig out his name. But those T-Nines from BRP were in great condition. I brokered about 20+ of them and haven’t heard any negatives to this day.

Used PLM is a good option too. Some bargains starting to pop up now.

A major important thing to look at is, are you going in to venues where you have juice for these amps? Or would 2 prolines actually be better?

Jace

Awesome mate yeah that'd be appreciated, definitely still interested in a K8. A majority of our events will be outdoors of generators so juice shouldn't bee to much of an issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12