Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warning, scammers on the phone.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 12:39pm
Had one last week. I said 'hang on, one of your BT Openreach engineers is just outside the house in a box, let's go speak to him about the fault' and they hung up.
Really was a bloke outside too!
I find you get these if you're actually at home during the day. They must ring a lot, but thankfully we're both generally at work.

The Windows ones are good too. 'Yes, which one of my Windows machines is having the problem? Maybe start by telling me which OS it's running, that will narrow it down a bit'
I love it when you get them angry, but they just won't hang up in case you might bite...
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2019 at 11:30am

I’ve just had one from an Indian call centre calming to be from Amazon regarding my “Computer and internet”, when I questioned why Amazon were calling me about my computer and/or internet they hung up!!

Xoc1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xoc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2019 at 8:08pm
These computer 'virus' scammers are total criminal scum, and do not deserve any respect as they are just trying to con and steal from the unwary.

Even worse were the many hours I spent after they had conned their way on to a family members computer, backing up data, and rebuilding a windows install, to ensure that there were no nasties left after they had done their dirty work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12