Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EV RX 212/75 Going rates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonavc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EV RX 212/75 Going rates
    Posted: 18 March 2019 at 2:42pm
Hey Guys

What is the going rate for EV RX212/75, excellent condition, original drivers (pair).

Always been kept in covers.

https://www.electrovoice.com/product.php?id=193

Cheers

4AC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4AC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2019 at 8:36am
QRx212 or Rx212?

I would say, asking price around €2000,- for a pair, maybe a little more or less depending on the country you live in.

Edited by 4AC - 20 March 2019 at 11:42am
uǝɿɿɐʌǝ6ɯo sı ʇsʞǝʇ ǝzǝp
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2019 at 5:00pm
last pair i saw sold at £650 which was cheap, around £1k would be fair i think considering they are rare as hell, and one of the best pointsource midtops of its era.
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
londonavc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonavc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2019 at 7:33am
According to EV website Rx is qRX.
Cannot find anything on just a RX.
Anyone confirm ?
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2019 at 9:07am
Surely you would buy Xi1152 over the RX if you had the choice?
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
4AC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4AC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2019 at 9:38am
What I've been told quite a long time ago:
Rx is the US/American version.
QRx is the European version.

I'm not sure of all the differences and I'm not even sure if they made a Rx AND QRX version of all models in the range.
If I remember correctly, the Rx115 had a different woofer then the QRx115. DL15BFH vs. DL15X or something like that. So quite a substantial difference.
uǝɿɿɐʌǝ6ɯo sı ʇsʞǝʇ ǝzǝp
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2019 at 11:41am
Originally posted by 4AC 4AC wrote:

What I've been told quite a long time ago:
Rx is the US/American version.
QRx is the European version.

I'm not sure of all the differences and I'm not even sure if they made a Rx AND QRX version of all models in the range.
If I remember correctly, the Rx115 had a different woofer then the QRx115. DL15BFH vs. DL15X or something like that. So quite a substantial difference.

If I recall it's the other way around. For example the RX218 has two DL18MT drivers , but the Qrx has two EVX180B.
And I have never seen the last one (only altered RX218's with different ports for the 180B).
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2019 at 4:03pm
Never heard of an RX line, the link in the OPs first post goes to the QRx page. These are decent boxes but the final results are all about the processing used.
RONAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2019 at 5:46pm
These are a nice passive/active speaker ,   However they are a very old model , which were later replaced by EV px2122, (which have also been since discontinued )... I would say you will do well to sell for anything over €1000 for the pair.. keep in mind rx/qrx has been around for over 20 years and has long been surpassed.
lately Ev  hasn't been helped by the amount of poor quality powered speakers they manufacture..
EVENT SOUND RON.
 Post Reply Post Reply