FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ohm BR system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ohm BR system
    Posted: 28 June 2019 at 6:24am
These are listed on Ohm’s website as dealers for Denmark http://https://www.mavt.dk/

Otherwise get in touch with Ohm directly; they are really helpful and friendly. 

I love the sound of my rig - I’ve read opinions to say that the stuff is not at the very top end, but I love it. If I won the lottery and could employ a roadie (and had the venues to justify it), my rig would be 3 x TRS-218 and 2 x TRS-212 per side
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2019 at 6:08am
Only problem i have, is that i cant get a listen to any ohm stuff before purchase.
No dealers here in Denmark anymore. 

I have only heard the TRS 218 and 212. But I really liked the sound and spl that setup was putting out.. 
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2019 at 5:27am
I am Really diggin' the idea of eight small 12s replaceing two big dual18s.

It would be so much easyer to handle, and stairs will not be an issue anymore.
Dont know the price of the trs-118, but i could imagen that it would be up there alongside the price of two 12s.
Oh yeah, and then there is the flexibility in having that many small enclosures. 
So many types of gigs they would be perfect for. 
Only downside is that i would need more amplifiers and mid/highs if i want to have enough to really rent them out, and take advantage of the flexibility. 

But is that a downside or just a excuse for buying more stuff? Haha ;) 
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2019 at 6:43am
4 each side would be very loud and look mean too!

The bins are lighter and smaller than the tops, but then I got the tops to keep up with the 18’s, which they do well
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 11:19pm
Well, that does it for me..
I could be very very easy to talk into multiple 12s then :)

Got to take care of my back, and these small ones would do the trick for me. 
4 each side for bigger things would sound fat. And wouldnt look like it could bring much.. Element of surprice ;) 

Maybe i should look into were i can get them here in Denmark. 
Not much Ohm stuff here...
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 10:36pm
In terms of SPL, yes a pair of these 12’s will match a single of the 118’s, but the 18’s go a bit lower, but if you’re happy with the response of the 12’s then it’s certainly an option. 

In fact, it’s an option I’m still running around my head for my gigs and now you’ve suggested it, I know I’m not a freak for thinking of it
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 10:23pm
Oh my bad... Just read the other tread and then this one Haha.
Well anyways, not bad for the 12" subs. 

I could find alot of use for small boxes like that.
Alot more than big bulky 18s. 
What is your opinion on spl.. Will 2x BRS12 keep up with one 18 like your trs118?

More boxes, but would still be easyer to throw around :D
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 9:08pm
The bin in the video in this thread is an Ohm TRS-118 single 18 and they are amazing, big and heavy (for me) but a serious amount of bass

My other pair in the video on the show off your sound system thread are the single 12’s and I absolutely love them - they just compliment the tops so well for small gigs. They’re about £1400/pair inc VAT list price. For small gigs, I thoroughly recommend them. They’re really really nice and punchy

FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 8:25pm
I just love those small boxes. Really Nice looking and I guess they pack a fine rumble 🙂

How much are a set of those 12" subs?

djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 11:53am
Well the trailer option is out! Towbar Place has just rung and said nits on the bumper are rotten and we can’t get them off so no tow bar for me! Roof box is looking attractive at the moment
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2019 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by djgorey djgorey wrote:

Oh it sounds amazing!

Soooo much better than the slightly knackered HK rig I had been using

That's the difference between a system that does the job and a system that actually sounds like it's supposed to sound. Big smile
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2019 at 9:16pm
Oh it sounds amazing!

Soooo much better than the slightly knackered HK rig I had been using
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>