Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robe Silverscan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Robe Silverscan
    Posted: 20 May 2019 at 3:58pm
Just wondering if anybody has seen these in action yet? What are people's opinions? Any idea on prices? Ta
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2019 at 7:19pm
Bump šŸ˜Š
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 6:53pm
Anybody?! Smile
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 8:11pm
Nice but.... no one specs scans. So why would a hire company invest in something no one wants?

Coloursound still have robe 575xt scans and a handful of trackspots, which have earned their keep years ago, but they only ever go out on ā€stage zā€ at festivals - the ones that only need a couple of wagglers - on weekends when you are really scraping the back corner of the warehouse for a gig.

But buying new scans in 2019? Maybe for an instal, or a mobile DJ who loves the kit. Not a very big market...
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 8:28pm
Just did the balcony of a very swanky hotel launch with Trackspots last week. The stretch tent that covered it left little height for moving heads and there was no need for an operator... did the job in a way that nothing else could've!

It's sad that scans have fallen out of favour, in a venue where there's more wall space than middle of the room space you can create some really good dynamics with them.
blah blah blah blah blah......
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by James Tengo James Tengo wrote:

But buying new scans in 2019? Maybe for an instal, or a mobile DJ who loves the kit. Not a very big market...

Thatā€™s me!

I totally agree with everything you said. Iā€™m in the lucky position of buying for myself with no worries about riders or specs
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 8:36pm
I remember the goldenscan 4 and cyberlight 2.0 going down the same route. Flashlight imported HES in the Netherlands during that time and they added 24 of the cyber 2.0 or so. Went out almost never and went for a few quiz almost new in case.  Friend of me tried to sell 16 Martin 518s last year but the price people were willing to pay was less than renting them out two times. 

djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 9:48pm
Thereā€™s a set of 4 Martin 918ā€™s on eBay for £1,500 and a set of 4 miniscan HPEā€™s for < £300. 

I love my scanners (although punters are more impressed with my LED sticks). I was just born about 15 years too late so all the really good scanners are no longer made. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m excited by the Robe
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2019 at 8:01am
A good scan outperformes a moving head in most smaller settings is my opinion.. one people almost forgot about is the Technobeam I.. still a great workhorse and with a 200w msd source not too power hungry..

The Robe looks great on paper. Would be my weapon of choice for a retro-rave
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2019 at 8:17am
Iā€™m just trying to find out how much they are and where I can see one. Usual google search doesnā€™t seem to help much 
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2019 at 8:21am
Just as a thought, does anybody know if I can swap around the hanging bracket on a MiniScan so itā€™s on the mirror side of the unit, rather than the back? My lighting poles are simply poles with a M10 socket in the top so my current scanners just bolt on and stand up right
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2019 at 9:20am
Originally posted by djgorey djgorey wrote:

a set of 4 miniscan HPEā€™s for < £300.

That must be the white ones, which have been for sale for getting on 2 years I think!  

Originally posted by djgorey djgorey wrote:

Just as a thought, does anybody know if I can swap around the hanging bracket on a MiniScan so itā€™s on the mirror side of the unit, rather than the back?

Yes - the hanging bracket is totally removable, so there isnt anything to stop you moving it back to front.

I still need to finish the LED conversion on mine, as they are power hungry little beasts. The Blue Room has an interesting thread on the conversion. The nights I run are 'retro' so having original era correct lighting is a bonus
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>