Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

whats is this top box design called?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trev1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: whats is this top box design called?
    Posted: 24 May 2019 at 12:46am
Does anyone know the name of this top box design and where i could find plans similar to it ?
https://www.stableaudio.co.uk/copy-of-flux-series-kmt-d8 - https://www.stableaudio.co.uk/copy-of-flux-series-kmt-d8

Stable Audio KMT Lite 
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 10:31am
You may need to ask Stable Audio!

Current design, for which he is selling, so bugger all chance of getting the design for free.

However, sim pair of 12" in a V baffle config, design and make your own ported mid horn in resin, whack it in the slot of the mid bass, dangle a HF in its mouth, measure and configure DSP to suit.

By the time you have done that, painted and loaded it, just buying from SA looks cheap!
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 1:13pm
It is cheap. In more ways than one. There are some pretty glaring problems with the design to be honest. It doesn’t sound that bad but it takes some serious work to get there. It doesn’t seem that the measurement and DSP part comes with the box from factory.

I would look at something else if you’re planning to build. Peter Morris’ stuff would be a start if you want horn loaded.

Edited by toastyghost - 24 May 2019 at 1:14pm
trev1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trev1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 6:31pm
do you have a link you could send so i should find the plans ?

Edited by trev1998 - 25 May 2019 at 6:32pm
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 6:38pm
Trev, the only people with the plans are the people building them as part of their business.
You know, the business that pays their mortgages and puts food on their families' tables.
We do not share plans for current production models here.
simwit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simwit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 1:52am
I have a pair of these and they are remarkably good value, for the price I have no idea why you would want to try and build them yourself. And as said in the thread, they are tri-amped and it takes quite a while to get them sounding right with a DSP.
 Post Reply Post Reply