Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ideas for a system... up to 500 people...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Edward69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ideas for a system... up to 500 people...
    Posted: 02 August 2019 at 2:09pm
Maze, If you need plywood i can advise http://www.plyterra.com - http://www.plyterra.com
they helped me recently. I really liked the quality of plywood.
For the convenience of production planning, plywood selects dimensions of 18 mm. This is the best thickness for building furniture.

Edited by Edward69 - 02 August 2019 at 2:25pm
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2019 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Check what the tax is for Macedonia. I´m sure that Marjam will give you a good price on his gear! And some of his stuff is definitely distinctive!!   Big smile

Transport cost and chinese import taxes will deffo ruin the deal.
But Arthur Felix for one, has manufacturing in China and his gear is more then good.

Buzz him on FB and tell him Speaker Plans people said hello, and he will sort you with everything you need.

Edited by MarjanM - 13 June 2019 at 3:14pm
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2019 at 3:07pm
Check what the tax is for Macedonia. I´m sure that Marjam will give you a good price on his gear! And some of his stuff is definitely distinctive!!   Big smile

Edited by Earplug - 13 June 2019 at 3:07pm
Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2019 at 1:30pm
@Earplug That's a given! LOL

@MarjanM ...yeah, but then, I wouldn't know what brands to trust. To be honest, I hear a lot of systems set up in malls and different places with events here, and it all sounds horrible. I don't trust the Chinese brands much. Of course not saying there isn't proper stuff out there, but where and what to look for?! I wouldn't know.

I asked a friend who works for a PA hire company here. She said import tax on speakers from the UK is 2,5% here. From the US 25%. So getting some tops from the UK should still be possible for me. Unless she is wrongly informed?
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2019 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Maze Maze wrote:

Yes, every time I write on here, people tell me I can get it all mad cheap in China, but nope :(

Haggle??

LOL LOL LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2019 at 1:12pm
Yes you can. But you need to look at Chinese manufacturers, not distributors of European equipment. EU gear is way more expencive there because the high import tax.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2019 at 11:46am
Yes, every time I write on here, people tell me I can get it all mad cheap in China, but nope :(

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2019 at 11:26am
Those prices there are not cheap - especially for copies! Your 15K would not go far buying a system there.   Ouch

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2019 at 5:49am
R

You can see some of the stuff a guy I know has in his warehouse, there’s much much more!
Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2019 at 4:51am
I do appreciate your input, I am a noob about sound systems. Maybe I am doing things the wrong way or there are better options I haven’t considered. I’ve read a lot on the boards here over the years, now I finally have the funds to get a system up and going. I’m doing it mainly for the the culture of sound system though. This won’t be my business or something, so I probably don’t look at it strictly from a practical PA rental business point of view. However, I do want something the sounds decent. But yeah, also something that looks beautiful.
Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2019 at 3:58am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Let me get this strait.
You are in China and you want to BUILD boxes for a 500 people gigs outdoor?

For 15K pounds you can buy a concert rig in China. Why fooking build anything?

Do you have any recommendations?

Yes, I realize that I could buy something second hand. I guess my mission is to build something that looks a certain way also. Not just black boxes.

I wouldn't mind buying, but what to buy that isn't boring looking black boxes? I'm not trying to be a PA guy who rent out to weddings and business functions, I want something that looks like Mungo's Hifi or I've even seen something here called Sydney Reggae Disco system. Where can you buy a rig like that?

The rig is mostly going to be used for festivals and similar events, I don't see myself trying to compete in the black boxes PA rental market or anything like that.

Funktion 1 and Void make cool looking systems but I don't have that kind of money.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2019 at 11:11pm
Let me get this strait.
You are in China and you want to BUILD boxes for a 500 people gigs outdoor?

For 15K pounds you can buy a concert rig in China. Why fooking build anything?
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>