Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - If I can't get a Polar Bear Scoop, then what...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

If I can't get a Polar Bear Scoop, then what...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If I can't get a Polar Bear Scoop, then what...
    Posted: 11 June 2019 at 2:00pm
...can I build that will get me close?

I live on the other side of the world, otherwise I would get the guys who make them to built them.

But I am looking to build a scoop that has that smoothness to it, and not as gruff as the scoops I have heard.

What alternatives in design or driver choice do I have in scoops I can build myself (hire a woodworker to do here)... 

Any advice appreciated :)
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 3:13pm
Eminence scoop with Fane Colossus XB wont be an SPL monster but will give that smooth round sound, and you should be able to source Fane drivers in China.  
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2019 at 2:06am
Contact the designer and see if he is willing to share the plans, I am in Australia and due to the distance/impossibility of getting them built I managed to get a copy of the plans.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2019 at 4:09pm
Ok, thanks. I'll try and contact the designer, otherwise it will probably be between supers or eminence.
 Post Reply Post Reply