Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to remove flying hardware from Turbo TSW72?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to remove flying hardware from Turbo TSW72?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PavelP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to remove flying hardware from Turbo TSW72?
    Posted: 21 June 2019 at 3:37pm
Hi! I've got some TSW721 for restoration and really don't understand how to remove flying points? It's located on both sides of the horn panel and there's rivets and screws and sealant -- I didn't see anything like this. Afraid to damage it. And yes, I've already remove screws and rivets but there's some round piece of ply or something. It moves a little but it's still there.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2019 at 10:55am
They are built in to the horn mouth of the box. 

I never removed mine from the 21’s when I done my restoration.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
PavelP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PavelP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2019 at 9:50pm
Well it is easy enough: after rivets removal I've just knocked inner panel out to the rear chamber and than outer panel becomes free. It's the most silly fittings I've ever seen. It was so har to remove it because this plates are located both in rear chamber and the horn so when it inevitably started to make noise the previous owner just flooded it with sealant.
 Post Reply Post Reply