Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do not use Parcel Monkey.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do not use Parcel Monkey.
    Posted: 11 July 2019 at 8:14pm
Just to relate to you all as a warning not to use this company.

Paid for next-day delivery on a small package to be collected,all done,  but it has not been delivered.....tracking just says "out for delivery"......it has said that for 4 days now.....nothing comes...despite about a dozen emails to them,i just get fobbed off with standard replies,telling me it is "out for delivery",or "there has been a delay" or " we are waiting for an update" etc etc.

Do not send any parcels with these muppets, they couldn't organise a p*ss-up in a brewery.

Ouch

Be seeing you.
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2019 at 10:29pm
Parcel 2 go just as bad!
To be honest I’ve lost faith in every courier and booking service after recent troubles.
Seems none of them have any respect for your parcel, or have any interest whatsoever in dealing with the problems they create. Once they’ve had your money they just simply don’t care.
100% Earth Moving Bass
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2019 at 12:25am
I dont wanna splurt out an idiotic generalisation but this last year i sent dozens of parcels all around Europe guess where my parcel got delivered demolished ...
UK folks dont like delivering stuff LOL.
The thing is tho all parcels in most of the companies are in some point on a conveyor belt and get DROPPED regardless if someone cares or no, i read the DPD damage form after this happened and it says parcel needs to sustain a 50cm drop on a belt Big smile.
So i dont get it you can put that fragile signs all around and it doesnt matter....
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2019 at 9:21am
Even the suposed professionals mess up, had a £40k piece of equipment delivered on a pallet recently. Packaging was excellent, multiple layers of formed protective material inside every box and still somehow at a point in the delivery process it had been subjected to a knock hard enough to crack the equipment's casing and damage a motor.

APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2019 at 10:14am
Where I used to work when delicate or valuable items were sent by courier shock indicators were attached to the package or pallet.

So when the delivery took it was very simple and quick to check if the package had been dropped even if it looked fine, without having to unpack it.

This was then recorded by the courier when the item was signed for.

They look like this:

snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2019 at 11:31am
I had a parcel damaged. it cames back with tyre marks on it - presumably from where a fork-lift had run it over. still wouldn't pay me compensation. the amount of extra packaging everyone has to use so that these bellends can chuck the parcels about is environmentally criminal.
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2019 at 12:14pm
Used these shock detection gadgets and others many times when sending large amounts of gear to install overseas. Always a good indication of what to expect. 

On air freight that we deliver to Staines area, then flown around the planet, damage was rare indeed, now in UK, it is normal. Or lost in the post. I see warehouses full of lost parcels that really do have a label on or inside. 

Edited by Muckerbarnes1 - 12 July 2019 at 12:15pm
Billy Dawg.
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2019 at 12:50pm
With parcel money and parcel2go they just contract the delivery to which ever one of the parcel companies you select, so they don't have any control over how it's delivered. It is a bit of a pain though having to try and go through that extra layer of communication when you have a problem, trying to actually get a hold of someone and get some answers. 

Might just be my personal experience, but at least in my area I've found the more professional companies:  DPD, FedEx UPS and DHL to all be of a higher standard. They usually take better care of stuff, and you get text delivery windows with a 1 or 2 hour delivery slot, and a chance to reroute to neighbors, collection points etc.

By FAR the worst are Hermes and Yodel.  Certainly Hermes works as a franchise, and I think yodel too, where there is a central organising office thats the actual company HQ, and they contract the actual deliveries out to local delivery people that are basically freelancers or small separate companies. They get paid so little per parcel that they have no interest whatsoever in coming back a second day if you're not in, so will do whatever they can to leave it "somewhere safe". 

I've had them left under an overturned wheelbarrow in my garden, and in the recycling bin loads (which isn't a problem except when it's actually out on the street waiting for the bin men to empty it, when they've still put it in, and luckily I've been back from work before the bin men get there!)

I know plenty of people who have just had it left on their doorstep in plain sight and it's gone missing, and my girlfriend had an especially good one where they actually threw the parcel up onto her first floor balcony, over a solid glass handrail to get there, just because they didn't want to have to come back the next day. Luckily the contents wasn't breakable though I doubt they'd have cared if it was.  When she phoned to complain they were completly uninterested, promised an "internal review" of the situation but she wouldn't be contacted again or told what the result of the review was! 

k

Edited by kevinmcdonough - 12 July 2019 at 2:03pm
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2019 at 12:58pm
"With parcel money and parcel2go they just contract the delivery to which ever one of the parcel companies you select, so they don't have any control over how it's delivered. It is a bit of a pain though having to try and go through that extra layer of communication when you have a problem."

That is the problem Kevin....they just give me standard cut n paste answers, no-one has bothered to contact the actual delivery company to check what the issue is. They simply cant be arsed sorting out any problems.  Unhappy

Be seeing you.
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2019 at 1:48pm
Thats how it works with every delivery company. You send it through post office/shop. Post people can handle it nicely. Same last delivery driver. But truth is every company collects parcels to their depots late afternoon/evening. Then its sent to parcel sorter place, where too little 20 year old run being shitet at by angry managers having time constraints on their heads rulled by another bosses. 4am the trailor has to arrive at different depo to be sorted for morning distribution.. Now imagine that most of people handling parcels work around minimum wage. Dont really shit on person that kicked this parcel. He works in inhuman conditions! It is all made to look nice for a customer but the reality is a total missmatch. This is fucken ridiculous that on the top of that  there is still a company that takes profit and is totally unrelated and has no clue what is going on inside still being percived by customer as the main responsible body. It is just one huge misdirection of responsibility of real distribution firms by creating "fake" companies and pretend not to be related to well known @£&.
The main task of every of those firms is hiding evidence of how does main distribution firms work. It starts from few layers of people dealing between you and real workers in those companies, and finishes on strict security searches of those workers not to let them bring a phone into warehouse and make movie...

If you want to minimize chances of damage, dont send it on the beginning  of week (or Sun/Sat see when company picks up parcels).
I appreciate every like :)) https//www.facebook.com/genomesoundsystems
Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/gen-ome/
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2019 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by APC321 APC321 wrote:

Where I used to work when delicate or valuable items were sent by courier shock indicators were attached to the package or pallet.

So when the delivery took it was very simple and quick to check if the package had been dropped even if it looked fine, without having to unpack it.

This was then recorded by the courier when the item was signed for.

They look like this:

Typically most pro deliveries will use those, and tip/tell indicators to warn of rotation during shipment too. But it is only as good as the warehouse guy recieving them sometimes, if he signs for it and doesn't chec that isn't helpful. For some reason the last bit of equipment didn't, but it was pretty obvious it had beeaten up because some of the corners of the boxes were smashed right in. Did Mr Warehouse guy care? No he did not, signed for it anyway. Although it can often be a tricky in that situation when you have a driver who needs to offload a flatbed and get to the next job which is a pickup. Fortunately most decent shippers will replace equipment without quarrel if you let their engineer unpack and install. Allso never accept ex-works incoterms. Bad idea.
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2019 at 11:45pm
I did a job recently for a company, installing cctv. Half of their building had been section off and rented out as a Hermes depot. I was in there running some cables through there to the other side of the building and saw what happens to the parcels.

Many people inside all throwing parcels into piles, and then into a stolen supermarket trolley. The trolley now piled high was pushed out into the car park, and several items in Jiffy bags fell off the top onto the ground on the way . The person just ran them over with the trolley! I’m sure they realised they were doing it too. They then continued to push the trolley and kick the package along the ground as they went until they got to their car. Pretty much everyone there just had a normal car with seats folded down and just stuffed the thing full.
This appeared to be completely normal procedure!
100% Earth Moving Bass
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>