Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do not use Parcel Monkey.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2019 at 10:02am
"I dont wanna splurt out an idiotic generalisation but this last year i sent dozens of parcels all around Europe guess where my parcel got delivered demolished ..."

I have to agree there. I´ve sent parcels all over the world and the only time I´ve had any problems with stuff getting stuffed has been in the UK. A different class of idiot working in the courier industry.  Ouch

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2019 at 12:18pm
I think the issue here is one of price....when you can send a 20kg parcel from one side of the country to another for a tenner, it's fairly obvious that corners have been cut, staff working for a pittance, and pushed to extremes,so something has to give.

I for one, and i expect a lot of you as well, would happily pay an extra fiver to a company who looked after and took care of your package, and paid the staff a living wage.

Be seeing you.
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2019 at 5:22pm
We have used Parcel Monkey a few times and only once did we have any problems - and boy, were they a problem! Expensive parcel - think $150 - picked up and tracked out of the country and then...nothing! After a month or so, and numerous emails/phone calls they were still demanding a detailed list of everything in the parcel, proof that the parcel was actually picked up by them (???) and a demand to our customer to provide proof of ordering. We refunded the money but lo and behold, after several weeks, our customer received a phone call from an airline office at one of the New York airports that they had found the parcel and would deliver it to US Customs for forwarding. Then, the employee went on holiday only to find the parcel still sitting on a desk when he returned to his office. He bypassed US Customs and sent the parcel directly to our customer - having paid for it out of his own pocket - and the parcel arrived a couple of days later with no apology from anyone concerned! As  I say, we have used them since with no problems but they are not fun to deal with when things do go wrong.
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2019 at 2:03pm
Ian, which service did you use out of interest?
Was it one of the mega budget options, or one of the bigger (and usually more reliable) couriers?
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2019 at 5:40pm
This was with DX.....never again. I have to say,when i have used the Parcel Force option, they have generally been better, although even those take longer than advertised....ie, 3 days rather than over night as requested.....
Be seeing you.
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2019 at 6:06pm
I've been lucky with couriers in general but there have been a few exceptions; I've had a parcel that the courier declared lost only for it to suddenly show up a week later unexpectedly, I've sent one which didn't show up, I claimed for that and had more cash back than what the item in question sold for on ebay... 

The worst though was when I bought four Fane Studio 12's on ebay, two of the four never showed up at all, one had a cracked chassis and one survived, 25% success rate!  

^^ This was with DPD who, to be fair, have always been great otherwise.
hmaudio View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2019 at 6:34pm
iv been using interpacel for years, was recomended them on here maybe 8 years ago now and they are spot on! sent over 1000 items with them and only ever had one go missing but nothing ever damaged. they have good customer service and are easy to get hold of if there is a problem. 
Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
This account is used by 2 people.
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2019 at 7:12pm
Poor fanes great sounding drivers those.
Looks like the motor I got couriered to me for my compressor.

The 12mm thick foot of the motor has been broken off at the corner. There is also further damage to the connection box on the top of the motor. It hasn’t just been bumped down a bit hard it has been thrown.

I can just picture the guy now stood in the back of the lorry hurling parcels out onto the ground outside.
100% Earth Moving Bass
msoundsystem View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2019 at 7:13pm
Iv used parcel monkey twice and the service is most shocking.  I had a multicore to be picked up last night via DHL through parcel monkey,  they never collected it. Called DHL and they couldn't use my reference number  to see what was going on because it was booked thought parcel monkey not them. So I contacted parcel monkey today via their very annoying web chat and all they had to say was sorry it was not collected, we can try again tomorrow.. now I had to get the guy who was posting it to reprint the label.   Lucky hes a nice understanding guy.. will never use them again. 
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2019 at 7:30pm
Thanks for the feedback and warning.

I normally use Parcelforce or UPS through Interparcel and they seem to get the job done with a minimum of fuss.

I was also quite impressed at the service from DHL when I moved most of my stuff back to the UK from France including some particularly absurdly large and heavy boxes.
Don't test the champignon sound
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2019 at 8:48pm
Just pay a touch more and book direct. Your cost saving is inevitably going to be lost when something goes wrong. What you pay for is the service level in that circumstance.

It’s funny how many people moan about promoters not wanting to spend decent money in one breath but then go for the cheapest service on everything themselves.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2019 at 8:24am
Originally posted by msoundsystem msoundsystem wrote:

Iv used parcel monkey twice and the service is most shocking.  I had a multicore to be picked up last night via DHL through parcel monkey,  they never collected it. Called DHL and they couldn't use my reference number  to see what was going on because it was booked thought parcel monkey not them. So I contacted parcel monkey today via their very annoying web chat and all they had to say was sorry it was not collected, we can try again tomorrow.. now I had to get the guy who was posting it to reprint the label.   Lucky hes a nice understanding guy.. will never use them again. 

This is completely normal for them, i reckon a good 50% of the times i have used them, they never collect on the day booked, which must be very frustrating for the sender, especially if he/she has had to wait in all day for them to arrive.
Be seeing you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>