Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Court Acoustics LX Club series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Court Acoustics LX Club series
    Posted: 14 July 2019 at 9:55am
Never one to miss a bargin (I hope) ! Im now the proud owner of a Court Acoustics LX Club system comprising of:

6 LXB 18" Sub Bass Bins
2 LXBB Double 15" Bass Bins
4 LX3 3 Way Mid-Top Speakers (15" 1"Compression Driver & Slot Bullet Tweeter)
1 System controller

Apart from the Court Acoustic promotional gumpf found with google images I cant seem to find anything else about it. Has anyone had exsperience with this system? What drivers should it be loaded with etc...
All the boxes look sound, Court boxes in my exsperience have always been built to last and from my raving days in the 90s it always sounded good. The seller has specified the 18" 400w Fane drivers mounted in the LXB's may need a re-cone. Ive got a load of PD186 sat around doing nothing, id imagen these will fair better than the Fanes anyway. If not I can always re-cone the Fanes. Anyone with any additional info would be greatfully recived.
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2019 at 10:04am
The one that’s just finished on eBay?

I saw that and went “damn, just bought my pa! Can’t afford another one”!

Don’t know anything about them other than the reputation of Court, but am properly jealous!
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2019 at 10:48am
It was to cheap not to take a punt on it.

Edited by boots-hifi - 14 July 2019 at 11:34am
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2019 at 2:13pm
If you need any of the Fane Slot tweeter I have a working pair of them sat here doing nothing.
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2019 at 2:22pm
Cheap as chips! nice one :)
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2019 at 4:46pm
I’m pick it all up Wednesday with the controller. According to the guy selling it came studio. 3 out of 6 Fane 18” 400 need a re-cone everything else works...we will see. Not sure what I’m going to do with it all! I’ve got far to much unused PA, the tops are going to be handy. The rest I may just sell on or split up for parts. Hopefully I fire it all up, fall in love and try and find room somewhere to store it all. I’ll keep you posted.
re-production View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote re-production Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2019 at 8:27pm
Hi,

This used to my PA a month ago and had spent most of it's life sitting in the lock up doing nothing.

For the price they sold it for it's a bargain.

The 18" subs are loaded with fanes which are ok, a PD186 is a biiiig upgrade. The 15" subs are way more useful IMO as they sound punchier in singles which is where this system works best. The tops are pretty nice but need a boost around 2.7-3k which really brings them out.

I've never used the crossover/controller and just crossed the tops and subs at 100hz which sounded pretty nice, the court electronic stuff, graphics, controllers etc were never my favourite. They have a bad habit of picking up a lot of noise.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2019 at 9:46pm
That’s interesting to know. Did you sell it to someone or did they sell it on for you? Not sure about the court xover. I’m planning on just using my ears and a bit of RTA for set up. Out of interest did you apply delay with the subs to the mid bass and tops? Do you know what drivers the rest of the system has in it? 

Edited by boots-hifi - 15 July 2019 at 9:48pm
re-production View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote re-production Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2019 at 11:13am
I sold it on, we got it straight out of a pretty big rehearsal room.

We never used it enough to get proper settings for it, it's a lovely system don't get me wrong but we have other systems that do our work much better.

It sounded pretty good with no delay but working out settings could only make it better.
Djdarch View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djdarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2019 at 3:53pm
ive another pair of the twin 15's if you wanted more , can do them cheap , these are loaded with eminence which I suspect is not the original driver but sound good ,

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2019 at 10:23pm
Cool, I’ll let you know. It would make sense physically. Cheers. Picking everything up Monday evening.
tomcourt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomcourt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 3:22pm
Hi !

if interested , I have several Court Acoustics items for sale.

LX3's
LXB's
LXBB's

Ramjet tops
Ramjet subs

I even have a x-over and some spares lying around somewhere.
All in working order.

Give me a sign if interested .

Kind regards
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>