Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AKG SR-450 receiver, advice please.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AKG SR-450 receiver, advice please.
    Posted: 21 July 2019 at 12:25am
I've been using an AKG HT450 mic for a while, it's lovely, just what I need.  Got it from Austria via. the bay.

Last night the case, receiver and ps with all of the docs went walkies from the hotel that I was working at leaving me with just the microphone.

There are some for sale on eBay:  the frequencies are 835 to 861.9 and 863.1 to 864.9 and I have no idea whether my Austrian-sourced mike mic will work with the receiver that's for sale - or whether (hopefully) the mic will automatically switch to the available receiver

There's a video on YouTube from a UK retailer showing the back of the receiver, and that shows frequencies 600.1 to 629.9 so that's another set of frequencies available.

Yep.  I know.  I should have kept my eye on the gear, but I was getting more bookings from the customer and my back was turned.  Still a possibility that the hotel might find it dumped or stashed but not hopeful.

Advice please from those more knowledgable about wireless mics.
It's a difficult choice, would you rather have:

A: A vegan son.

B: An OnlyFans daughter
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2019 at 12:30pm

There is a good chance your Austrian sourced microphone is illegal to use (or at the very least requires a licence) in the UK as they have a different set of allocated frequencies to the UK.

Austrian Frequencies (page 4):

https://www.apwpt.org/downloads/handoutfrequencies2015.pdf

UK:

https://www.dmmusic.com/radio-mic-frequencies-licensing/

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/manage-your-licence/radiocommunication-licences/pmse/pmse-technical-info/mics-monitors

BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2019 at 1:41pm
Thanx for the info, even though it's not what I wanted to hear.
It's a difficult choice, would you rather have:

A: A vegan son.

B: An OnlyFans daughter
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2019 at 8:44pm
There will be an option in the menu on the mic that tells you what frequency range it covers. You can then look for a receiver that matches.

If it's not a UK allocation, you are unlikely to get busted (Ofcom don't care any more), but sooner or later it will become unreliable due to interference from 4G, or whatever else is now the legitimate user of your mic's frequencies.

863 - 865 is the UK licence-free band, but increasingly shared with all sorts of equipment so probably not a good long-term option either.

Post Reply Post Reply