Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feedback on logic systems cs1290b

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigtool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feedback on logic systems cs1290b
    Posted: 17 August 2019 at 10:35am
Been offered a pair cheap loaded with jbl 2226, what they like? Can't seem to find any detailed specs
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2019 at 10:49am
I purchased a complete 1290 system last week to get me out of a hole on a wedding gig. 

Nice system for its age, Small, easy to move about, sounds ok!

Matched with the SB1290 bins you have some meaty low range going on, the 1290b is more designed around the kick region from what I can gather?

If you don't want them I may be interested at the right price.

Edited by jacethebase - 17 August 2019 at 10:49am
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2019 at 2:11pm
A power dense box. Heavy for its size. A 4 ohm load so get a good amp match with just one box per side.

Hope this link to the spec works:

https://www.scribd.com/document/422256812/Logic
bigtool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigtool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2019 at 9:16am
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

I purchased a complete 1290 system last week to get me out of a hole on a wedding gig. 

Nice system for its age, Small, easy to move about, sounds ok!

Matched with the SB1290 bins you have some meaty low range going on, the 1290b is more designed around the kick region from what I can gather?

If you don't want them I may be interested at the right price.
Would you say there suitable for a stand alone bass solution? Was thinking of stacking a pair either side to get a good height for a midtop 
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2019 at 1:21pm
I’ll be honest I don’t know the system well enough yet. Have not even turned it on in the warehouse one by one and had a play yet.

It’s not a very big box for using to stack a mid high on if I’m honest.

www.stage2sound.com
bigtool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigtool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2019 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

I’ll be honest I don’t know the system well enough yet. Have not even turned it on in the warehouse one by one and had a play yet.

It’s not a very big box for using to stack a mid high on if I’m honest.

No problem, would be interested to hear how they fare without the dedicated sub box, always liked logic stuff
bigtool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigtool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2019 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by APC321 APC321 wrote:

A power dense box. Heavy for its size. A 4 ohm load so get a good amp match with just one box per side.

Hope this link to the spec works:

https://www.scribd.com//422256812/Logic - https://www.scribd.com/document/422256812/Logic
Thanks for the link, spec says 40hz but is that being optimistic seeing as the 1 x 18" dedicated sub has xnear enough the same spec
bigtool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigtool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2019 at 8:07pm
Also does £400 a pair seem a good deal? Drivers alone must be worth this 4 x jbl 2226 usually fetch around £100 each? 
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2019 at 9:59pm
Yeah £200 a box is cheap!

www.stage2sound.com
whizzzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2019 at 6:04pm
I've been running a pair of LS215's for few years now, these are the earlier version of the CS1290b. The difference is that they use Beyma 15G400 drivers instead of the JBL units. I use them with a pair of LS12's on poles mounted on the bins and it provides a very efficient and effective rig. It's used for a band PA in venues up to 300 people and I've have numerous compliments on the sound quality.

The CS1290B is designed to be part of the concert rig from Logic Systems with the CS1290B (18" sub) and CS1296 (mid - top). I've never heard a Concert rig in full flight but many folks say its very good but I guess it depends what sort of music you're putting through it.

Whatever you do please ensure that you get the correct LMS settings for the cabinet as the wrong set up will frankly make or break the sound. The people at Logic and very helpful in this respect so get in touch with them. 

Also Djdarch on this forum is extremely knowledgeable on Logic gear so hopefully he can contribute more than I can.    
Djdarch View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djdarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2019 at 2:46pm
yeah the twin 15 is a great little cab , not many cabs of that size can output as much bass. ive used them for years with all sorts of configurations never had a problem.  You'd need a pole to mount your top cabs on id've thought to get the right height.

Ive a load in stock that id move on as im not doing as much hire outs nowadays . Have 4 pairs of Cs1290B some are b300 but its the same box . 

Also have 2 pairs of the cs1290SB id move on , get in touch if any interest you.

Cheers

Matt
Plaguesguitarist View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plaguesguitarist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2019 at 3:55pm
These are good boxes but struggle with real low end hence there is an 18 that's designed to go with them.

However if you get four (two a side) that can change the game...  
Why did the lampy cross the road?

To steal MY sharpie.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>