Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SSS/Sonic Sound Scoops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Del View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SSS/Sonic Sound Scoops
    Posted: 23 September 2019 at 1:59pm
wrong place for it
so removed it

Edited by Del - 23 September 2019 at 3:09pm
RiddimKid View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiddimKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2019 at 11:13am
I remember the big fuss with these about 12 years ago. They also made a double 18 horn and a single 12 mid top with phase bung.

Lev is right though the scoops are just super scoops with a tiny mod, heard a whole stack of it years ago. I think the mid 12 was their best seller. Everybody had those at one point. He must of made good money at the time.

RootsMarshal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RootsMarshal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2019 at 10:33am
Okay thanks for the info. 

Will probably just sell and switch to 4 super scoops when the time comes.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2019 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by RootsMarshal RootsMarshal wrote:

I recently got some 2nd hand Sonic Sound Scoops and am very happy with the sound of them. Loaded with Fane 18xb currently but if anyone knows more about the cabs and can recommend a more suitable driver I'd consider trying that.  

First off does anyone have any information about who the builder is and if they are still active? More curious than anything else as I've not heard anything of them before. 

On top of that, we are looking to expand within the next year and if anyone knows of any of these scoops for sale or knows if any plans are knocking about that would be really appreciated. 

The Sonic Scoop, is just Super Scooper, slightly modded, for cheaper manufacture.

Andrew Sonic Stopped importing these over a decade ago.

Would be easier to sell them, and just buy used Superscooper 18s.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
UpComingSound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpComingSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2019 at 4:36pm
UpComingSound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpComingSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2019 at 4:33pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RootsMarshal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2019 at 2:55pm
hi Ben hope you're well. 

If we don't manage to find some others/plans will give that a go.
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2019 at 2:48pm
at a push, open them up and take some measurements.
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RootsMarshal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2019 at 10:49am
I recently got some 2nd hand Sonic Sound Scoops and am very happy with the sound of them. Loaded with Fane 18xb currently but if anyone knows more about the cabs and can recommend a more suitable driver I'd consider trying that.  

First off does anyone have any information about who the builder is and if they are still active? More curious than anything else as I've not heard anything of them before. 

On top of that, we are looking to expand within the next year and if anyone knows of any of these scoops for sale or knows if any plans are knocking about that would be really appreciated. 
 Post Reply Post Reply