Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Opus Audio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2020 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Justjake303 Justjake303 wrote:

uploads/18316/IMG_0611.doc

For some reason you have saved this as a .doc file

Change the extension to .jpg so that it can be viewed.
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 8:16am
Just a thought.

Do your self a bit of a favour and loose the picture of the system sat outside a garage.

Personally I wouldn't buy a 25 year old sound system that has been stored in a single block concrete garage. That's not me saying the systems not perfect. Just an observation.

With regards to pricing, IMHO it's too close to used D&B C7 again, not saying that's better. Just easier to sell to clients than Opus.

I don't know If Jody or James would be interested. But they are both seriously lovely people wouldn't do any harm to chat with them.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Justjake303 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justjake303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 8:16am
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by 4D 4D wrote:

Another afficienado is Sheffield based  Mr James Folkes ex mod of this forum he was a martin modular man but in recent years has had this pervy thing for blue carpet,  for various reasons he no longer frequents the board but has been known to pop up on FaeceBook.

Bearded Theory is Opus Jody's next outing that I know off.  

"I'm selling all my Modular to free up space in the lockup!"

HA!
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
Justjake303 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justjake303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by studio45 studio45 wrote:

Another afficienado is Sheffield based  Mr James Folkes ex mod of this forum he was a martin modular man but in recent years has had this pervy thing for blue carpet,  for various reasons he no longer frequents the board but has been known to pop up on FaeceBook.

"I'm selling all my Modular to free up space in the lockup!"

HA!

hahaha well done you made a funnyClap
Ionkontrol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ionkontrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2020 at 11:20pm
The Freerotation festival in Wales has been Opus powered for years, heavy as .

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2020 at 12:31pm

Magical Sounds is taking a year sabbatical, so unless Jody is supplying another stage it'll (hopefully) be 2021.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2020 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

Magical Sounds is taking a year sabbatical, so unless Jody is supplying another stage it'll (hopefully) be 2021.

Hey Adam.. 

Yes I saw James over the weekend, down south collecting a replacement LDV and he mentioned it was time out for Bearded Theory.  Shame as Mark Pendragon is hosting the Sunday  James also mentioned he purchased the Opus amps from Richard Hart & now has a surfeit of Opusfanalia..  

Also 

How are you , have you recovered from your racetrack flying lesson..  

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
el chupacabra View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el chupacabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2020 at 4:19pm
Guessing those amps from Richard Hart at one point lived at Universal AV in Bradford. I did a bit of 2005 - 2006 working in their warehouse as a youth and was captivated by the CS750, AT 2000 and HB215 and 21" subs also I think? Always assumed part of the company formed in the 90's dance market or something as it was a very different animal to the linearrays and that. Fantastic wedges too - the mp550 and perhaps mp400 was the 12" version?

edit: @ 4D - those two old lab gruppen 1300c and 2000c I met you at Tunbridge Wells forum with came from Bradford aswell - ex hire stock of TMC when they were winding down and then got bought out by SSE in the end I believe.

Edited by el chupacabra - 21 January 2020 at 4:23pm
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2020 at 5:32pm
yeah, the MP400 12"&2" wedge is one of my favourite sounding wedge monitors ever made, even the crossovers are hench. Stupidly heavy though!

the MP550 is also good, but not so smooth a midrange for my taste.
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123