Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which fluid instead of Pro Haze?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which fluid instead of Pro Haze?
    Posted: 07 October 2019 at 2:11am
I've acquired a Jem 24/7, I know that Pro Haze used to be the recommended fluid but its getting harder to get. Which is the best to use now?
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2019 at 9:00am
This is something you need to ask the manufacturer, not really a forum question where you will get people who don't actually know - pedantic perhaps, but with good reason - machines that vaporise glycol or glycerin solutions can produce some fairly toxic compounds if the wrong conditions exist - such as wrong temperatures. This, along with clogged up vaporising blocks etc is why this really is a question for the people who know.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2019 at 9:51am
I don’t know of any 3rd party fluids but you can use pro smoke from Martin / Jem if you set it to high temp mode. From experience it will clog quicker though... 

Edited by James Tengo - 07 October 2019 at 10:03am
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2019 at 10:46am
the Pro smoke is a decent solution when in need but in absence of Pro-haze Fluid we found the Showtec Haze fluid a decent replacement. less airtime though, but for the prize of 1 pro-haze can you can buy two of showtec. 
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2019 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

This is something you need to ask the manufacturer, not really a forum question where you will get people who don't actually know - pedantic perhaps, but with good reason - machines that vaporise glycol or glycerin solutions can produce some fairly toxic compounds if the wrong conditions exist - such as wrong temperatures. This, along with clogged up vaporising blocks etc is why this really is a question for the people who know.

I agree fully but given a fair few on here run big organisations, chances are someone has asked already. Ie I would have expected answers from James or yourself going this is the fluid to buy.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2019 at 8:45pm
well, naturally it is your decision - personally i will only allow manufacturers approved fluids to be used in any of our machines, the vast majority of our stock is now Antari - and it so happens that the equivalent showtec fluids are approved, which is handy as they are much cheaper, unfortunately the same can not be said of the cryo fog's and g force 3's which cost a fortune!
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2019 at 9:43am
Martin say:

The Pro Haze fluid (and all of our fluid range) have had a rebrand and changed names.
They are still the exact same 'mixes' of fluid just a different name now.
The fluid you need is now called RUSH & THRILL Haze Fluid.
hi grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2019 at 11:43am
Hi all does anybody know where to buy high density rush and thrill fluid from anywhere in the northwest even mail order as Iam finding it hard to get hold of !
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2019 at 11:55am
Bax 
hi grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2019 at 1:51pm
Seems to be out of stock of high density mate
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2019 at 7:28pm
I must have bought the last 10l when I ordered the haze fluid earlier Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply