Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powersoft PSU Driver Circuit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powersoft PSU Driver Circuit
    Posted: 07 October 2019 at 6:26pm
Hi,

I have a Powersoft K10 with a problem which after some scope probing seems to be isolated to a fault on the PSU driver PCB board (KALSU16 CS000345) and some components are also burnt and i need the values etc.

Has anyone got the circuit / schematic for this board (just this board only needed).

Hope someone out there can supply me with this info.Thumbs Up

simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2019 at 9:06am
Can anyone help!Cry
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2019 at 9:58am
Real Electronics are the Powersoft UK service centre, i dont know if they will give you schematics though.  
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2019 at 11:32am
Tried Real electronics, not interested in giving anything out, just interested in getting the repair sent to them. Cry
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2019 at 1:02pm
Your best bet is to try borrow an amp and do some tracing. Finding schematics for stuff like the K10 is nigh impossible.  Dead

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2019 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Your best bet is to try borrow an amp and do some tracing. Finding schematics for stuff like the K10 is nigh impossible.  Dead

Probably because even though they’re far from perfect, Real or their equivalent have the service contract? Considering how many utterly cowboy repair jobs I’ve seen on Powersoft power supplies, I understand why.

You can also always send it to Powersoft HQ directly but you’ll have to be comfortable with the shipping time
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2019 at 2:45pm
The driver circuit as i can make out is nearly the same as the Q & D series PSU driver apart from a higher frequency oscillator at the front end & some major re-work on the FET Bootstrap driver circuit and of course now all surface mounted components.

My problem is in this area mostly and because this part has changed a lot and some surface mount caps & resistors are burnt are unreadable, hence the circuit for this would cure the problem. The only other option is to copy the circuit from another board from a working amplifier & draw the circuit on my PCB CAD program (which is the easy part), but i don't know how long another Powersoft K10 will arrive at my repair bench with a working board in Cry.

Here's hoping for someone out there who has the circuit. Thumbs Up
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2019 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Probably because even though they’re far from perfect, Real or their equivalent have the service contract?

Yes - but sometimes even that doesn´t guarantee schematics.

I had a Behringer repair a while ago and managed to get hold of the main tech at the official repair place in Barcelona. He told me that even they weren´t given all the schematics - just relacement boards for most of the products. Anything else had to go back to the main office in Germany.  Ouch

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
RobinMatrix View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobinMatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2019 at 7:31pm
If you need it repairing, I have extensive experience of this board  ... if you want to send me a photo of the burnt parts, I should be able to assist.

As a side note: there are 3 basic sections of this board, the rear most section is the clock gen and PFC driver, the centre section is the SMPS driver and the  front section is the 15V v_aux generator ... if the fault is in either of the first two sections, I would look at the opto isolators located under the PSU heatsink, as the drive outputs from that card are normally opto-isolated, and if you have any burnt parts on the PSU card, then it is probable you also have a dead opto or two ...  it's the three rearwards ones that drive the PFC and the two white front ones that drive the SMPS, you can forget the rest, they are PSU monitoring and control.

Matrix Pro Audio ::http://matrixproaudio.com/"
RobinMatrix View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobinMatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2019 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by simonp1100 simonp1100 wrote:

The driver circuit as i can make out is nearly the same as the Q & D series PSU driver apart from a higher frequency oscillator at the front end

Note that although the crystal is much higher, (12.288MHz instead of 4.0MHz) the K10 uses a 4060 divider instead of the 4024 in the Q/D  ... it picks up outputs Q6 and Q8 on the K10, but outputs Q4 and Q6 on the Q/D series ... so although the crystal is much higher, the end result pair of clock signals is actually slower ...
Matrix Pro Audio ::http://matrixproaudio.com/"
mgee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2020 at 12:05pm
Good day Sir 

send your amp to me ill fix it.
South Africa
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2020 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by mgee mgee wrote:

Good day Sir 

send your amp to me ill fix it.
South Africa

LOLLOLLOL
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>