Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please help: QSC RMX 2450 power switch got stuck
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please help: QSC RMX 2450 power switch got stuck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help: QSC RMX 2450 power switch got stuck
    Posted: 27 October 2019 at 12:59pm
Hi everybody
Unfortunately the on /off switch on my qsc rmx 2450 got stuck on the on position.
I need to replace it but where i can find one?
I' d be interested in buying a better one if possible.
Can i do it myself? I don't know how to do it but on the internet they say that you don't need to be able to solder or desolder to change it.
Please help : any input would be greatly appreciated!!Smile
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2019 at 2:18pm
That should be dead simple to replace, pull it out go to a first electronics store buy an equivalent (don't think it's a custom part)  and put it back in just be careful which wire went where Smile
If there's need to solder, soldering ain't nuclear physics try it out. 
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2019 at 11:47pm
the original ones are high inrush switches made by Carlingswitch, so you need someone in your country who sells Carlingswitch aka Carling Industries. They are a US, not a European mounting hole.
RS, Farnell, Mouser all do them.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2019 at 11:17am
I have fixed these QSC amps with the bad power button. I found it was easier to drill the old switch out and snap in the new one. fullcompass.com has the switch in stock. Maybe they could mail one to You.
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2019 at 8:46pm
One of the venues I work at has an RMX2450 with a power switch stuck on. Has been for years... Amp still works fine so why worry!
thes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2019 at 12:18pm
Thanks you all for your replies.
Unfortunately i couldn't find the replacement: it doesn't seem to be available at the moment.
I hope to find a generic replacement in local stores, maybe a better one because the original switch seems to be prone ta failure Angry
 Post Reply Post Reply